I paid $40 for a tank of gas!

leenie

This is terrible! Gas was 2.33 a gallon today at COSTCO! :mad:
Can you believe this madness? I live in So. Cal where we have the highest prices in the nation! I am sooo mad! SOOOOO MAD!
But what can you do.
I have boycotted Mobil and Exxon but who knows if that will work. It hasn't so far!
What are you guys paing for gas?

D

daniel411

Originally posted by leenie
I live in So. Cal where we have the highest prices in the nation! I am sooo mad! SOOOOO MAD!
But what can you do.

Highest prices in the nation.... but also a huge percentage of the entire worlds wealth!
I paid about $1.77 a gallon today for premium.
We can always stop driving, and ride our pedel bikes to work :)
EDIT: Than again... pedeling is to much like work "Forget That Pedeling" its easier to drive/ride!

watergal

I live in VA & pay $1.55 - what bites is when I fill up my boat - 180 gallons at $1.90
Marinas rip you off big time -the price you pay of owning a boat, but I wouldnt live without it .:D

karajay

Originally posted by Daniel411
We can always stop driving, and ride our pedel bikes to work

By doing this, you can also avoid paying to go to the gym :jumping:
I used to ride my bike 20 miles a day to work and back until one day someone cut the chain and stole my bike. :mad:

D

daniel411

Originally posted by karajay
I used to ride my bike 20 miles a day to work and back until one day someone cut the chain and stole my bike. :mad:

Aww, sorry to hear.

purity

Originally posted by leenie
I am sooo mad! SOOOOO MAD!
But what can you do.

clip coupons to offset your loss. i've heard that the average coupon savings is $32/month. the gas increase is averaged at $27/month. that's still a 15.62% return on your investment.
man i rule.

lovethesea

$1.69 and holding.....I hope
coupons are a pain but I use them. I only cut out the ones I KNOW I use. I don't walk around the store with a box or expanding folder or anything like that
I just take the ones I know I am buying that day. I can average $5-6 PER shopping trip if I am on the ball. I shop a few times a week.
Still don't understand the gas thing though, it jumped almost $0.18 overnight !!

black99l

when my lightning was my daily driver i was paying 45.00 every four days for gas and that was last year

purity

another thing you can do is milk yer kids. just dress em up in a boy or girl scout uniform, buy a bunch of candy bars in bulk, and then send em out door-to-door selling the candy. if your candy bars cost around $.40 but can be turned around for $2.50 at the door then yer lookin at a weekly takehome of $126 if 12 are sold on a 5 day per week basis.
soooo you just offer yer kid a $30/week increase on their allowance for incentive and you've still banked $384 of tax free monthly income for simply driving to costco once every two weeks. hell, they can TRIPLE gas prices overnight & you'll still come out a winner!!!

purity

no way! my parents never went with me when i did it. if anything, just send em to the rich people's neighborhood. everything's safe there.
i just thought of it too...
you could actually offer a $5/week increase for any extra chores they do around the house and THEN ANOTHER $5/week increase for ensured efficiency and even ANOTHER $5 increase for getting each chore done in less than 10 minutes. you STILL come out ahead, save money on gas hikes, and now you can fire your maid for an ADDITIONAL average of $200/month in savings!!!!!!
want more money? tell em to raise the price of the candy at the door another 25 cents. BAM!
what would you people do without me.

lovethesea

I AM the maid!!!

Plus, I don't let my kids OUT OF MY SIGHT in any neighbrohood.
I used to as a kid too. Especially with girl scout cookies. I would leave and be gone for hours. Come home with the page full. Would never dream of it now.
good ideas though

purity

EVEN BETTER!!! since you're the maid you can now layout in hammocks and sip mai thai's all day instead of working!!
now for safety, go get one of those walkie talkie cell phones and have your kids buzz you in on the status before they approach each house.
"mom i'm approaching 4334 woodland lane"
"roger that. good luck and remember to convert wants into needs."
"10-4."

lovethesea

Originally posted by Purity
EVEN BETTER!!! since you're the maid you can now layout in hammocks and sip mai thai's all day instead of working!!
"

:hilarious
I am sure my husband and kids would completly understand!

D

daniel411

Originally posted by lovethesea
coupons are a pain but I use them. I only cut out the ones I KNOW I use. I don't walk around the store with a box or expanding folder or anything like that
I just take the ones I know I am buying that day. I can average $5-6 PER shopping trip if I am on the ball. I shop a few times a week.
Still don't understand the gas thing though, it jumped almost $0.18 overnight !!

I would never have imagined it, but I've became some one who actually has one of those coupon folders! It rocks, I can knock off about $20-40 "every" time I go pick up groceries.

lovethesea

folders are OK.......but I see people with a BOX sitting in the seat of the cart. Some will even have a full size accordian
folder. That just takes too long. Some of our stores have stopped the double coupon thing, I really used to save then..