I REALLY NEED HELP>>>

jden092901

I just got my first 2 fish..i have a 10 gallon tank with live rock and sand...nothing else..but 2 clowns and one blue hermit. One of my smaller clowns is being chased and bitten by the bigger one..i saw him latch on and wouldnt let go..think its the domant thing...my concern is i see just a few little white dots on one of my clowns fins...kinda looks like very small airbubbles. I have raised cichlids, and reminds me of ick...but it kinda doesnt look like it...are there meds that I can buy that are ok for my rock and crab?
please help..i love these little guys...

jessica47421

the best thing to do would be, get the rock and the crab out of ur tank and treat it with lowering the salinity. if you go under the disease form it will tell you exactlly what to do.

renogaw

raising the temp is a freshwater treatment, since marine ich tends to reproduce faster in higher temps unless you get over 86 degrees, which by then stresses out the fish way too much, cuts down on the oxygen concentration in the water, and causes more issues.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Try putting a divider screen in the tank separating the two. Over time, they may get used to each other through the screen, and you'll be able to take the screen out.
The spots you are seeing may be ich. Try checking out the Diseased Fish Thread at the top of this forum.

ophiura

I'm sorry to jump in but I see you say "first two fish" and I want to say those are the only two fish that can go in the tank. It is quite small, and problems would be serious if you add any more. A small tank tanks a lot of work...and is a fine balance.