I really want an anenome!

jtwilson

Ok i want an anenome that my clowns will host in my 55 gal.
1.) What kind of MH lighting do i need? (for around 350-400$)
2.) What kind of Anemone do i need? I would prefer something besides a bubble tip, prehaps maybe a LTA or something.
Please tell me anything else i need to know. I want to to be successful at this!

wm23oh

I have done a lot of research on the lighting. After 2 months I have found that everyone says their way is better. But no one really agrees on how to decide how much light is good. So here is what I bought for $195.00 *Link Removed*
The MH lights are about the only thing they all seam to agree on.
Some say 4 wats per inch of water is good. Others say 4 watts per gallon is good. Some say use what you got with the tank is just fine (I don't believe that other than just for fish). Way too much info on the net but without any real help.
I have a 10 gallon tank with 150 watts. Beautiful. Very happy with it. Just kinda bright sometimes when you want the room a little more dark. But I just pull out the old hood and use that if I need to.
Anyhow the MH lights are what I have read are the best. So that is what I bought.

vanos

Go with a bubble tip anemone. I may buy one in the future. My lfs says that they can do well with at least 4 watts/gallon.

calgar

I have a BTA on a 30 gallon with PC and it's growing like crazy. it even developed more zooxanthellae now than before