I saw Mrs Wages at the Walmart

badoleross

For those of you that drip kalkwasser and are having a hard time finding pickling lime I just picked up a dozen cans at Walmart. They just put in out for the summer months and are hiding it in their housewares dept with other canning supplies.

moneyman

hehe. It' lime as in 'limestone'.
Dont mix it with the vegetable lime. Just disolve the powery kalk and water. 1 teaspoon per gallon of water.

O

oreo12

So this is the same thing i could buy in my lfs but cheeper iat wallmart?

moneyman

Yep .... same thing.
Companies like Kent dont have factories to prepare this stuff. It is cheaper for them to buy bulk from companies like Mississippi Lime (Maybe Walmart? hehehe).

O

oreo12

just another though I saw on the histry chanal that chewing cum has lime dust on it that is what the white powder is on it maybe i could brush it off into the tank befor I chew it? No just kiding

moneyman

Originally Posted by oreo12
just another though I saw on the histry chanal that chewing cum has lime dust on it that is what the white powder is on it maybe i could brush it off into the tank befor I chew it? No just kiding
you mean gum right?

sharkbait9

that’s the best flub of all time
. I believe they call that a Freudian slip

alyssia

oops!
It's okay, yesterday I typed "---" instead of "sea"

O

oreo12

I never spell anything right plublic schools in indiana for you. I make my 8 year old study untill he gets 100% right on his test. I am starting to ask him how to spell. Most folks on here don't give me much trouble over it though. But glad I could give you all a great laugh.

bigfig

I'm a little confused. Do you mix the pickling lime with the kalkwasser or do you use the pickling lime as a substitute for the kalkwasser.