I saw the coolest thing..

albeit its not the first time i've ever seen this, one of my percula finally started "brushing" around in the tentacles of my anemone for the first time since they both arrived. I've seen them in the actual wild in the south pacific. It was cool, we hit a site called clown fish heaven and about 20 ft down all you saw were anemones and clownfish. Some folks think clownfish are as sweet as Nemo, but these little guys got nasty if you got near their home. One clownfish was attacking his reflection in my friend's underwater camera lense. Clownfish heaven by far was one fo the coolest things i've seen on a dive.
Cheers

krishj39

The rush you feel when watching your clown fish take to an anenome for the first time is really amazing. I think that was one of the most exciting times I've had with my SW tank. Your clowns will just become more and more attached to that anenome as time goes on, but it is really need to watch them get acclimated to each other. Congrats on the beginning to see one of the most interesting things in the hobby.

lesliefox

I wish I could see my clown fish and anemone become one together, but just when things started to get good and my clown fish started to warm up to my anemone, my anemone got sick. How every i'm just going to have to see your tank and live vicariously through you

i wanted to put an anemone in my tank with my clowns but...... Do u think that on a 90gallon i could get an anemone wo any vho or metal halode lights? Im not geting metal halide bc of the special hood with the fans u need, BUt i was thinking of VHO but i thought i herd u needed something extra with them. Like a ballast(er) or somthing like that could u shine some light on my situation cus i really wantneed an anemone for my clwons(also how long does it take them till they play with it)

To be honest, i'm new at this but if this tells you anything, i only have a 15 watt flourescent light and leave it on most of the day.....and my anemone at this point is doing fine.
Hope that helps.
Cheers

lovethesea

Its the coolest thing we have ever wittnessed in the tank. Now our clown looks so comfy in there. When we are in the tank cleaning, Bozo nips at us. they can get pretty territorial. I think Bang Guy said his actually drew blood on his hand when his hand was around some eggs.