I switched yesturday from cc to dsb!!!

monica

It was a lot of work!!! I did it and I think it is going to be so cool! I switched from cc and fish only to dsb (170lbs of sand) and 100 lbs. of live rock. I took my fish and put them in another tank so they wouldn't be too stressed. I hope they make it. I took out the water and ditched the cc. Then I put part of the sand in, then the lr, then more sand (southdown with live sand on top) I really hope it goes well!!! Any suggestions on what I did good or bad would be great. I do have one question-Do I do more water changes now(with new lr) or the same as I normally would? I just put it in yesturday. Thanks for any advice. I love the help. I couldn't do this without it!!!

tru conch

sounds like you did a good job. i just went through the same mess myself not too long ago. just make sure that your pumps/filters are going full blast, esp the skimmer. it will help clear things up.
as far as the water changes go, just check your levels, esp ammonia to see if there is any die off with the new lr. if not i say just keep the same routine for water changes. and if there is a spike of ammonia, then yeah do more water changes, hth. and enjoy the new sand!

tru conch

sounds like you did a good job. i just went through the same mess myself not too long ago. just make sure that your pumps/filters are going full blast, esp the skimmer. it will help clear things up. i am not going to give my opinon on water changes, b/c i am still debating a few things myself about them. but enjoy the new sand!

monica

Thanks! I'm always questioning if I'm doing it right or not! I am having a lot of fun with it though.