I think i found a way to cycle with damsels!

whaa...?

ok if this doesnt work dont get all p/o at me but if u have out of tank filter system(sump i think its called) just put ur annoying damsels in there and water should go back up into the tank with all the stuff that cycles ur tank
my 2 cents :yes:

caillou

Cocktail shrimp work just as well, cost less and (not that I care cause I'm not a PETA or anything but have to say it because it's P.C) more humane. Plus you probably won't have to deal with a crazy stressed damsel when it's done. Remeber all sewers don't lead to the sea. ha ha ha

ophiura

Shrimp is much cheaper -
Most people who cycle with damsels do so because they are either told the have to, or they want to see fish in the tank during the cycle.
For the most part this would work, but I don't think people will do it :)

mbrands

Originally posted by ophiura
Shrimp is much cheaper

Shrimp would be much more effective too. How much waste do you think a teeny tiny damsel creates compared to a rotting cocktail shrimp?

ophiura

I agree, though the "original" damsel method is based on max stocking (1 damsel per 5 gallons), serious overfeeding and leaving any one's that die in the tank.

snipe

It was shot down from 10 thousand feet and came down to land in a field of redwoods lol "I bet that hurt".
I to am against cycling with damsles it is just mean it "burns" the fishes gills. And most ppl only put 1 or 2 fish in there not hardley enough compared to 1 rotting shrimp. I would suggest doing the shrimp instead. I bought 6 shrimp for 32 cents compared to 2 damsles at $5 each lol.

pohtr

Six shrimps? Did you need that many? How many for a 90? I have only one in my 5 day old tank.