I Think My Tank Has Ick!!!

W

wildmike

I noticed my small clown has a couple of white spots on his tail and one on his body. I have another clown that I have not seen anyting on him yet. They are swimming at the surface of the water with there dorsol fins out of the water they have never done this before. They are also swimming very fast from one end of my tank to the other. I have a yellow tang that seems normal so far. I am going to be setting up a 20 gal in the morning how do I go about doing hypo??? I have never done it before with SW. I will treat all my fish (2 clowns, 1 tang). I have heard that you can feed them garlic soaked food. Where do you get the garlic can you use the stuff from the store?
Thanks for the help!!!
Mike

lucentclownfish

If your clown has ick a fast benificial cure is a bottle of "COAL VITAL"CORAL VITAL. If you add about a capful for every twenty gallons every day for the next month your fish will look feel and be better. Try it Its a great cure!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Are you selling coral vital? LOL
There are only 2 effective treatments for ich. Copper and Hyposalinity.

itchy

Mike, keep in mind that Garlic is not a cure but rather a preventive measure. It will only help the fish that eat the food that is coated in it. For instance my clown hates the garlic but everyone else eats it. It has been helpful for me but is only a PREVENTIVE MEASURE, thanks to beth and terry B. for the information on garlic as it has been a bigf help everall.:D