I think my Yellow Tang has HILLE!!! Please help!!

mrangel

My litle Tang is getting sicker and sicker. I got him on 3/9 and he was small and skinny when we got him, but I thought he was just small.
Within a week I noticed he had something on his head. Like a brown blotch. I noticed that he was starting to waste away. He eats quite a bit. I started buying him other foods, because I read that they need variety in their diet. I feed him O.S.I. Marine Flakes, Spirulina Flakes and I put Seaweed in the tank. He doesn't really eat it, so I have also tried. Bock choy and lettuce.
All my other fish are doing fine.
I think he has HILLE. I have noticed a hole in his head yesterday. Everyday he seems to be getting skinnier. I don't know what else to do. I couldn't find Zoe or Selcon. I am planning on ordering it online, and I hope it gets here soon.
What else can I do? He seems to be swimming around pretty good, but he just looks so skinny!!!
Please advice,
Marguerite
:( :confused:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The fish need GREENs. I don't use frozen foods much, so you need to check out the ingredients on them see what they offer. Many of the frozen foods will say for "tangs" or "vegetarian".
Get the Zoecon ASAP.
Also, get a ground probe if you don't have one already.
Have you done a search here on HLLE?? There is a wealth of info, so you need to do a search on it.