I use tap water

reefmad

here is my 55 reef tank! So easy to do!
no tests kits used, salt is .019 to .021
use tap water for 10% weekly water changes premixed days in advance. Have had great sucess except for the elegence which found out later on no one has luck with them and of course the sun coral was to hard to feed.
have plenty of coraline algae growth this tank was set up in aug of this yr from 3 small tanks i combined into this one.
I have been in hobby two yrs now. thanks for looking.

reefmad

metallic frogspawn
If i could only get a good camera to take good pic.
1 of 3 stalks. all from original stalk which is the one in far right of tank shot.

reefnut

Make sure you post some updated pics after it's over a year or so old... hope it looks as nice.

reefmad

blue striped mushrooms and one spotted.
our quality of water here is very good, and all of these corals have been growing in my other tanks for well over a year closer to 2.

reefmad

I run 2 bac pac II's that filter constantly I do not cut them off, and also 1 100 gallon carbon filter

dburr

salt is .019 to .021
How do you test this? It's very low for your corals.
Also, do you have city water or a well?

reefmad

City water Small town
okay about salt
was hoping not to get into debate about whats right and wrong.this is what works for me and this is not just overnight sucess its been up and running for over yr half now and corals are growing so rapidly that i frag and give away to friends that are now converting there fresh water to salt water and helping them get up and going.

reefmad

dont have a test kit i was told that if i do a weekly water change that in most cases you dont need test kits.
i have 1 peppermint shrimp. that was my first item above all when started two yrs ago also 1 banded shrimp, 1 serpent starfish, lots of snails, hermits, 1 watchman goby, 1 skunk clown, several feather dusters. lots of small colonies on rocks.

reefmad

thanks Bang guy nice to hear a positive comment.
I was told that but never knew what it was for sure i got a frag of it about the size of yr palm and it took off had a perfect cliff rock for it to spread out on and so it did. Have sold lots of little frags of it since and have that rock in center top of tank ready to go now.. i used the skelton of the sun coral that i had and it grew all over it so now i have it ready for a friend to get.

jenn-e

Nice tank!!
Your pics aren't bad, but try leaving your flash off and see if you think they look better.
Bang guy, you said it's not xenia, just curious what is it?

bang guy

It looks like some type of encrusting Clavularia sp.
It's a pretty version of it though. Just don't let it take over the tank.

reefmad

yeah i thought isaw it before as galaxia xenia or something to that nature ? but would love to know?