I want one in my tank

toggil

According to some show on the discovery channel, there are even bigger ones that live a the south pole.

joebob7

well if they get to be 60ft then thats 720 inches of fish then 5 gallons per inch so thats like a 3600 gallon tank and a skimmer the size of a car

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by joebob7
well if they get to be 60ft then thats 720 inches of fish then 5 gallons per inch so thats like a 3600 gallon tank and a skimmer the size of a car
it would need an even bigger tank than that, that is just the amout of oxygen it would need to have

el bob

ok ok ok i did it, i turned my swimming pool into my giant squid tank. now all i need is the skimmer. so who want to go help me catch my giant squid????

blizz75

Originally Posted by The J.O.P.
i saw the video on cnn. me no read so good. still i would like to see a 60 footer!!
id agree with your first guess. look at the picture. the guy has to be around 5 something, and there is no way that squid is 5 times as long as him. looks like the japanese got their conversions mixed up.
And if you could put that in a tank it would probably need to be around 2+ million gallons.

d0 thy d3w

i read about a guy on this site who is "supposedly getting" a (rounded up to 225,000 gallon tank) built into his wall...with all of his sump/skimmer and whatnot under his basement extending out to his driveway and wherever else..and also hes supposedly getting sharks to put in it!

rykna

Originally Posted by El Bob
im bringing my friends to help!
:hilarious
While their at it, can you ask your friends to get me a great white??? I have always wanted one of those-they rock!!!!!

d0 thy d3w

lol he also says his friend (who works at some aquarium or something like that) will be diving in it to clean the walls and whatnot..also supposedly the owner is a certified diver....but could u imagine..the salt alone just to get the water started is probbably a six figured cost!

kayak385

I'm just wondering how deep they are going to have to go to observe them without scaring/shocking them to move to a different area and all that research money lost to a rush job!

d0 thy d3w

well he said the house was going to be built 2 stories high (plus basement) (so 3 stories total i guess) ill try to find the thread for yall so u can read it..it would eb really cool if the guy is serious and not full of BS