i want one of these!

bluelagoon

a black ocellaris! my lfs had a pair at one point, but they sold for $99!!! :scared: so i found a pic of them. aren't they beautiful??? even if i could find one now, i already have a regular ocellaris and my tank is to small to put 2 fish in it. i guess i'd just have to buy a bigger tank :jumping:
anyways, just wanted to share a couple of beautiful fish!

bluelagoon

its only 5 gal. good size for being in a dorm since i really didn't have room when i moved in. i know its pushing it, but if need be he can move into my mom's 10 gal w/ her other ocellaris. but boy would i miss him!

russianspy

That's exspensive, My LFS sold them for around $50 each...still not cheap
2 pairs of clowns in a 10 gallon would make them fight.

saltydog

Originally Posted by bluelagoon
a black ocellaris! my lfs had a pair at one point, but they sold for $99!!! :scared: so i found a pic of them. aren't they beautiful??? even if i could find one now, i already have a regular ocellaris and my tank is to small to put 2 fish in it. i guess i'd just have to buy a bigger tank :jumping:
anyways, just wanted to share a couple of beautiful fish!
I had a pair that I got tired of fighting everytime I cleaned my tank. I sold them to my lfs for $50.
-Salty

bluelagoon

yea. after i have room for an upgrade, that would be nice. lol. i just have to have room and the money first. sucks being a poor college student!

oceana

heres are some for ya. we breed them
when they grow up they are fully black and white no orange at all.
about 1/4" at this point

jonnywater

I have what was supposed to be a regular tank bred perc. But for some odd reason he JUST started forming his second stripe and it is nearly all black between his first and second stripe. Might just be some weird color abnormality though.

tim_12

Originally Posted by oceana
heres are some for ya. we breed them
when they grow up they are fully black and white no orange at all.
about 1/4" at this point
Very nice Oceana. How's that going for you? Have your success rates been improving?

oceana

Originally Posted by Tim_12
Very nice Oceana. How's that going for you? Have your success rates been improving?
yep. not like it should be but we stoped trying to improve it. we have to many to deal with as it is lol. dont want any more. we end up with about 60 per hatch

zanoshanox

They are mighty sweet....I was at a freakin ***** the other day and then had like 6 or 7 of them in there...they we 39/ea i think...will they fight with regular ocellaris?

tim_12

Originally Posted by oceana
yep. not like it should be but we stoped trying to improve it. we have to many to deal with as it is lol. dont want any more. we end up with about 60 per hatch
Thats really cool. I think one day I might try breeding clowns, and if that goes well, maybe some more difficult fish. Is it difficult to keep your parameters in order with 60 fish in a tank? How long do you keep them for?

oceana

Originally Posted by Tim_12
Thats really cool. I think one day I might try breeding clowns, and if that goes well, maybe some more difficult fish. Is it difficult to keep your parameters in order with 60 fish in a tank? How long do you keep them for?

takes about 9-12 mounth of grow out. as for water its not that hard. we plumb all tank together so its one big system. makes keeping the water nice alot easier

X

xoxox

I have two blacks with one regular orange (55) and one black has yellow fins. No hard fighting and all are adults. All depends on the temper of the individual fish and if the smaller ones can stick up for themselves. I'd take a picture but need to get my camera back from the girlfriend.