I want to order new fish - HELP

jrpage

:needhelp: I'm really scared of doing so online. Because I can't see what I'll be getting. Has anyone ordered from SWF before? How was your experience? Would you do so again before going through a trusted LFS first?
I'm wondering also if they send only baby fish or full grown ones? Any advise would be welcome!!!!
:thinking:
Rhonda

booya

I have ordered from them a few times and have been happy with both orders. Both my fish were small so I don't know if they send anything that is full grown.
Had to use one of the new smiles.

tagg

I would say it all depends upon what you order. The sizes SWF state are pretty close. I ordered 3 F Percula Clowns from another site once. They said 3/4 to 1 1/2 or something like that. When I got the little buggers were about 1/2 inch. Couldn't put them with anything else.
Tg

wvlegend

I ordered a Foxface and a Sohal Tang. Plus a couple of Serpent Stars and A Chocolate Chip Star. The fish are beautiful and extremely healthy. Did not have a problem acclimating them at all. The sizes were what were stated on the web site. Stars are also doing great. I will order from SWF.com again. Here's a pic of my Sohal. Not my best pic but you get the idea.
Later
Bob

elguapo

im also leary about ordering online from anywhere. everything you read says to make sure the fish eats. and to watch it for a couple days at a the LFS. i guess thats the chance you have to take for the better prices.
-gabe

nicky1.8t

i have ordered from this site 2 times and the orders were perfect except i lost 2 scarlet hermit no biggie there not very expensive. but serice and shipping as top notch
:yes: :joy: :yes: :joy: :yes: :joy: :yes:

cindyski

i ordered to perc. clowns here and they ae beautiful. they are about 2" very active from the first day, in fact they have finally slowed down! i was getting worried:thinking: but its been a couple weeks and they are fine. the only thing i had a problem with here were the scarlet hermits out of 50 almost all are dead. snails, peppermint shrimp, nudibranch, mex turbo, all doing great and were are in excellent condition. i would definatly order from here again :cheer:

jrpage

I really thought I was going to get a bunch of horror stories.:nervous:
Thanks for the input!
Rhonda

dacia

I've ordered 4 times from this website. Twice I received tons of live rock, and twice I received fish and inverts. The only thing that has died so far was my lettuce nudibranch, but that really doesn't count since he was involved in a homicide with my brittle star...
I recommend getting most of your fish from this website. They are great with a wonderful 6 day guarantee. :joy: :yes: :joy: :yes:

coreysebes

I ordered 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 10 Scarlett Hermits, 15(I think) snails, a Domino and Purple Chromis Damselfish, and they all arrive good in 20 degree F. weather :) SWF.COM makes sure that the packing is just right for the weather which I love about them! My fish have lived for about 3 weeks now and I just added a Clarkii Clown and a Pink Pseudochromis with them and they love each other. But to answer your question, they are awesome!

jrpage

[... and I just added a Clarkii Clown and a Pink Pseudochromis with them and they love each other. But to answer your question, they are awesome! [/B]
I too have the Clarkii Clown. Aren't they adorable? We just bougt ours an anemone. I put a pic of the two of them together in another post.
I'd love to see a pic of yours if you have one!
Rhonda:joy: