I will make SWF.com mad at me for this one!

cpl40475

I have a request for SWF. Hire someone to train nonreef safe fish to be nice and not eat corals. That way i can add some puffers to my reef lol.Truthfully though I do have one idea since its been established that some fish are seasonal. Make the fish for sale link into two columns. Ones available now and one thats wish list only. It may also help with the slow loading pages. That way ppl looking to buy fish dont see a Black Tang get excited thinking HEY ITS IN!!!!!!!!!!! then to figure out they gotta add it to there wish list.
Tracy

ibew

this was something that I was not aware of that is your fish dies and they credit the amout to you that you have to buy an aditional 79.99 worth of live goods to use your credited amount that sucks for the fact that I just ordered a mystery wrasse that has not been shipped yet and if for some reason the same thing happens which this was the first and hopefully the last then I have 300 bucks of credit and no fish and will have to pay additional money and shipping fees to recieve fish also every live order I have purchased was top notch for the records and was at very good prices compared to other sites and I always follow the acclimation procedure required for the simple fact that everone like to keep there water parimeters at slightly different levels and if a fish is introduced to quickly would stress any fish out so I follow the aclimation suggested on every fish or invert that noted why can't SWF reship a fish that was purchased to a customer

vampofvegas

I got 'censored' the other day. I asked where to buy silversides and the thread got locked for what ever reason
.. that was pretty uncalled for because I do not see silversides on this site. So I went to a LFS and they ended up having them.

B

bonita69

Originally Posted by VampOfVegas
http:///forum/post/2487957
I got 'censored' the other day. I asked where to buy silversides and the thread got locked for what ever reason
.. that was pretty uncalled for because I do not see silversides on this site. So I went to a LFS and they ended up having them.
sorry that happen at that is why we are having this thread! Now keep in mind we ARE NOT ASKING to change that
rule!!!!! We are asking for more product choices from our favorite website. I was asking them to step up so the rule is easy not to break.
Please everyone keep that in mind when posting in this thread. Your local fish store (LFS)
is the best place to get prepared/frozen foods IMO because of shipping. cold pack would not work for frozen they would have to use dry ice and WE ALL KNOW that ICE is not cheap BUT VERY FUN TO PLAY WITH

My holloween dry ICE!!! SO FUN!!!!

jmj6239

[QUOTE=
Divide up webpage to load faster
Just a thought on dividing up the site I personally like the way it is set up, but would maybe break it in to two groups: an in stock only and the current set up. they already do the work. Already mentioned just didnt read far enough.

D

dennis210

Just FYI on the frozen food thing - I buy online from two other sites and they ship it in a cooler like fish. and add cold packs instead of heat, and overnight it! Yes you pay for it but when you order a bunch it's worth it!

air_putih

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2487358
That is a very terrible way to select fish for your tank. Research the needs of fish, not what they will cost you.
well..but first i just want to sort the price from the lowest to the highest...so that i donw have to spend too much money and then make a mistake...you know what i mean..

viper_930

Originally Posted by VampOfVegas
http:///forum/post/2487957
This issue was addressed a few times earlier in this thread.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by bonita69
http:///forum/post/2487983
sorry that happen at that is why we are having this thread! Now keep in mind we ARE NOT ASKING to change that
rule!!!!! We are asking for more product choices from our favorite website. I was asking them to step up so the rule is easy not to break.
Please everyone keep that in mind when posting in this thread. Your local fish store (LFS)
is the best place to get prepared/frozen foods IMO because of shipping. cold pack would not work for frozen they would have to use dry ice and WE ALL KNOW that ICE is not cheap BUT VERY FUN TO PLAY WITH

My holloween dry ICE!!! SO FUN!!!!

Is that potion for me?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
SWF.com started out as a strictly live goods store with an emphasis on fish, invert packages and live rock sales, with some soft corals. Since 1999, its expanded to include a variety of corals, single item inverts, and dry goods, but it remains mostly a live goods store. With the new management, it may well expand even more.
The list of items is a comprehensive list of all the possible items that may be available at SWF. Items not currently in stock remain on a wish list basis.
There are some items that just isn't too practical to sell online, such as salt and even dry sand. The mailing cost for such a heavy item would not make it practical to sell or for you to buy.

puffer32

Originally Posted by LexLuethar
http:///forum/post/2487549
That is NOT true. I've tried to order just 15 dollars worth of inverts and you can't go to the checkout. You MUST ORDER 79 dollars worth of fish prior to completing the purchase.
I do understand this policy, but i think they should impliment something so people who have purchased X amount of live goods, their minimum order is reduced.
Well I did say correct me if i am wrong
. So I guess I am wrong
I wouldn't know since i have never made an order that i had to pay shipping. In my case, I just buy a coral or something this way, am getting something for my tank, and not paying shipping, works for me
I can see why someone with a small tank would have a hard time spending the min. amount

snipe

but honestly alot of ppl like me who have to drive a hundred miles one way to buy aquarium grade sand and marine salt it is actually worth it just to wait for the item to come to my door and possibly save money with shipping prices be a bit cheaper than having to pay for gas both way.

B

bonita69

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/2488198
SWF.com started out as a strictly live goods store with an emphasis on fish, invert packages and live rock sales, with some soft corals. Since 1999, its expanded to include a variety of corals, single item inverts, and dry goods, but it remains mostly a live goods store. With the new management, it may well expand even more.
The list of items is a comprehensive list of all the possible items that may be available at SWF. Items not currently in stock remain on a wish list basis.
There are some items that just isn't too practical to sell online, such as salt and even dry sand. The mailing cost for such a heavy item would not make it practical to sell or for you to buy.
HI Beth we have heard good things about your costomer service!
Can I ask you one question though. How can another online store offer salt to me by the bucket with reasonable shipping? I can not buy salt by the bucket at my LFS they only have small bags. So I am left with no choice but to get it online. And the online store I got it from is much smaller than yours? I got the RED SEA CORAL PRO for 29.99 plus $17 shipping. So I ask why would SWF not beable to offer that around about the same cost?

B

bonita69

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/2488283
dont know if with all my ranting and raving you want me on your team BUT I AM

??? What do you mean. So far we are getting some long questions we have been craving for resovled and I LIKE IT

grennan

http:///forum/post/2488262
HI Beth we have heard good things about your costomer service!
Can I ask you one question though. How can another online store offer salt to me by the bucket with reasonable shipping? I can not buy salt by the bucket at my LFS they only have small bags. So I am left with no choice but to get it online. And the online store I got it from is much smaller than yours? I got the RED SEA CORAL PRO for 29.99 plus $17 shipping. So I ask why would SWF not beable to offer that around about the same cost?
Reef Crystals Salt - 160 gal. - Bucket
LFS 64.99+tax
Big Name Pet Store $57.99+tax
Online store $48.00 (includes shipping in price.)
This is the reason I buy ALL my dry goods online. Cheaper prices.
If SWF has the capacity to stock dry goods and sell at a price+shipping that is less the the LFS or big name pet store...I would buy from swf.com

hefner413

Originally Posted by Snipe
http:///forum/post/2488248
but honestly alot of ppl like me who have to drive a hundred miles one way to buy aquarium grade sand and marine salt it is actually worth it just to wait for the item to come to my door and possibly save money with shipping prices be a bit cheaper than having to pay for gas both way.
that's my take on it also. I prefer to buy my salt online instead of going to the LFS to get it. Getting it at the LFS - you have the cost of gas and they charge $30 more per bucket than I get it online. I just ordered 4 buckets of the 160 mix (Reef Crystals) for $32 each plus $18 total for shipping. So the salt cost me $146 total, compared to driving down the road and paying over $200. I would much rather buy this salt from SWF.com if I could.
One might say that the site that sold me the salt lost a bit of money on shipping - which they probably did. But since they sold the salt so cheap, I went ahead and got all the other supplies that I needed also - so ended up spending $450 overall.
Many companies do things like this all the time - selling certain items for less, even a loss to attract buyers. Once you have the buyer at your store getting items, they usually will end up getting other things also...

hefner413

Originally Posted by Grennan
http:///forum/post/2488303
Reef Crystals Salt - 160 gal. - Bucket
LFS 64.99+tax
Big Name Pet Store $57.99+tax
Online store $48.00 (includes shipping in price.)
This is the reason I buy ALL my dry goods online. Cheaper prices.
If SWF has the capacity to stock dry goods and sell at a price+shipping that is less the the LFS or big name pet store...I would buy from swf.com
echo, echo. Ditto

http:///forum/post/2486988
our even a page just for suggested beginner corals, and reef/coral safe fish/inverts
good one
nice suggestion! It does take awhile to load
I actually wrote them about this very thing some time ago as I ran into another site that grouped things very nicely when I was first starting out. I even asked them to go look at the site to see what I was referring to! Yippy if they do something like this as I still would like to see it here.
On to more about your post....
Also, yes, the stocking list has been rather lacking I agree - since before the photo contest - I wanted to order numerous items, fish and coral alike but didnt because several of the "wanted items" were not available. Even the Cyber Monday suggestion and implementation - great they actually did it! YAY SWF.com!!! but the stock issue didnt help, so I ended up going elsewhere to buy my stuff.
Very sad because I wanted to order from here, and everything I have gotten from SWF has been absolutely wonderful, they have taken care of any issues I had (just a couple) quickly and satisfactorily. The only problem I did have that wasnt fixed was that I asked for a small fish and got a monster! LOL He scared me but he's one of our favs now.
Keep up the good work SWF.com!....and I'm glad you're listening to us and working on improving.
SWF.com Junkie
Actually....I remembered my suggestion wasnt about groupings for beginners, it was groupings of softies, lps, sps, and having packages for beginners. SORRY! It's hell getting old.