ibew41 75g reef

ibew41

aquactinics t5 for lights 30g long for sump octo nw200 skimmer.fish 2 clowns 1-powder brown tang 1-diamond goby 1-royal gramma 1-yellow tail damsel 1-cleaner shrimp 1-maxi clam 1-rbta 1-gbta coral red planet,hammer, red monti,watermelon chalice ,purple death, palys aog palys,misc zoos and palys

mathteacher

I see what looks like a tuxedo urchin in your tank. I have avoided urchins because I thought they were unsafe for reef tanks. Just wondering.

meowzer

Your tank is really really nice.....
as far as the urchin ? goes, some urchins are NOT reef safe....pencil urchins WILL eat soft corals
I have a purple urchin that does not bother the corals, and it has literally sat on zoas...after leaving nothing has been distrubed...it only eats the algaes

ibew41

I am probably going to give the urchin to my sister my last fish I am going to get is a wrasse that might pick at it,but the urchin has never harmed anything

aquaknight

Tank looks good! Love the 'airy' feel of the aquascape.
Any wrasse that's not going to use the chromis as a chew toy, should be fine with the urchin.

ibew41

new coral from frag swap palmers blue milli a rose milli sunset monti incredible hulk and candy cane

isthatright

awesome tank lbew41, wish i could figure out whats up with mine, since sept. when i changed my bulbs ive lost at least 6 coral, i'm so disgusted, my zoos , ricordeas, clam ,mushrooms r ok, but ive lost alot, had my water tested by two different lfs n they said everything checks out good

ibew41

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatright http:///forum/thread/375449/ibew41-75g-reef#post_3337271
awesome tank lbew41, wish i could figure out whats up with mine, since sept. when i changed my bulbs ive lost at least 6 coral, i'm so disgusted, my zoos , ricordeas, clam ,mushrooms r ok, but ive lost alot, had my water tested by two different lfs n they said everything checks out good

did your coral bleach from the new lamps or did you change brands?