ich/carbon question

chadman

i am dosing my g friends tank with kick ich...in the directions for kick ich it says to remove all activated carbon and absorbent media from filters...is this absolutely necessary? since taking out hte filter media i have noticed a very slight algae break out....should i lower the time in which the lights are on do you think?

laddy

I'd rather destroy the ich and battle an algae bloom then the reverse. R U sure it's ich you are fighting. Also, you may want to post this in the disease forum.

chadman

i mean i am not 100% sure it is ich...but there are tiny white spots on my powder blue tang...i guess it could just be something on his skin but i am not willing to take the chance..i started treating the tank...it is going to be a reef tank...there is not much coral in it but there is a lot of lr a few fish and a shrimp and snails hermits etc...

laddy

Just make sure you don't dose anything with copper--death to a reef tank, even in the future.

payton 350

if you are using something with copper in it now you are going to kill your snails and shrimp....can you QT him?