ich help

cdubbs

hi i just noticed my black puffer has a lot of white dots on him, some is sand but i am pretty sure most of it is ich. I have a FOWLR setup with a coral catshark,grouper,SFE and the puffer. The last thing i added to the tank was the puffer about 3 weeks ago. I didnt notice any spots till tonight. How do u think it got in there? I only feed frozen food(no feeders) How can i get rid of it with the shark in there? THanks

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a picture of the puffer with spots. Ich is a parasite that is highly contagious. Unfortunately, if you have it, you will need to threat all your bony fish. Puffer and Grouper. You'll need to setup a makeshift QT, perhaps a 30 gal rubbermaid, if you do not already have a QT. Take a look at the post on ich in the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum.
Curious on the size of you tank?

cdubbs

the tank is a 125gal and i dont have a QT tank and i dont think all my fish will fit in a 30 gall tank...i dont know what to do..theres no way i can treat the whole tank with everything in it?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
No, there is absolutely no way. The sharks and eel won't tolerate the 2 treatment which are effective.
How big are your grouper and puffer?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you will need to come with whatever accommodations are necessary. You can do it cheaply using rubber storage bins, etc.