ich-ick on valentini puffer

puffer666

I see a lil white spot on my puffer it went away.but he;s in my reef tank so i wont him out and in my lil QT tank as i try to net him he's just to fast and smart cant do it this was all in the last few days. but now I look today and see the ich on his eye and fin. i feed my tank OMEGA ONE with garlic. will this fix it self?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffer666 http:///t/394441/ich-ick-on-valentini-puffer#post_3510888
I see a lil white spot on my puffer it went away.but he;s in my reef tank so i wont him out and in my lil QT tank as i try to net him he's just to fast and smart cant do it this was all in the last few days. but now I look today and see the ich on his eye and fin. i feed my tank OMEGA ONE with garlic. will this fix it self?

Hi,
Garlic is not going to "fix" ich...post your fish symptoms in the fish disease section. Beth will help you to identify if your fish even has ich or something else. Then she will help you on treatment. You can't treat a fish in the display tank...Beth will explain.
I believe the smallest tank your puffer needs is a 30g tank, and you posted you have a 10g?????
Garlic can help build up the immunity system in a fish, so it can fight off getting infected by the parasite ich. A stressed fish however succumbs to ich easier than a healthy one. Fish are stressed by a tank too small, being moved around and new to the tank, and by other fish picking on them.

puffer666

and ya he was just added to the big tank went away once then i chased him around all day yesterday and now BAM its back and more of them. and he's still the same curious friendly fish and no one picks on him.
my tank is in good health one bad is that my nitrate's are at 10 ppm.

puffer666

so now looking at him i dont see it? was it sand stuck to it he sleeps with sum stick mucus on the rocks i think.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffer666 http:///t/394441/ich-ick-on-valentini-puffer#post_3510899
so now looking at him i dont see it? was it sand stuck to it he sleeps with sum stick mucus on the rocks i think.
Keep an eye on him, ich drops off and breeds more to attack later. For a part of it's life cycle, the parasite is free swimming. The spots seem to go away, and you think it was a false alarm, only to discover it wasn't after all...the nasty parasite returns even worse.