Ich Problem!!! I Have A Carbon Question!!!

theonlykc

Ok so my 1 of my fish have Ich, today I bought "Rid.Ich" which is suppose to make it go away, I followed the direction, it said to remove the carbon for 24 hours. I did, about 4 hours ago and now my water is starting to get really foggy! I'm getting really scared! That my fish will die! Will they?
I have a 404 FLUVAL filter.
WHAT SHOULD I DO? Should I put the carbon back? so that it gets unfoggy?
Has anyone had this problem before?
PLEASSSSSSE HELP!!!!
-KC

indigorn

There is alot of info about ich and it's treatment in the disease and treatment section. go to the frequently asked thread. good luck....
ich is hard to cure...

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by theonlyKC
Ok so my 1 of my fish have Ich, today I bought "Rid.Ich" which is suppose to make it go away, I followed the direction, it said to remove the carbon for 24 hours. I did, about 4 hours ago and now my water is starting to get really foggy! I'm getting really scared! That my fish will die! Will they?
I have a 404 FLUVAL filter.
WHAT SHOULD I DO? Should I put the carbon back? so that it gets unfoggy?
Has anyone had this problem before?
PLEASSSSSSE HELP!!!!
-KC
The thing you should do now is put carbon back into your filter and do a large water change around 25% Get that stuffs out of your system!!! Best thing that works for me is garlic enhanced food. Either use garlic extreme and soak the fish food within, then feed it to your fish 3-4 times per day. I use Formula 2, it has added garlic. Feed it only garlic foods with nothing else, it usually improves within a few days and symptoms seem to disappear within a week. If I remember right, Rid Ich has that malachite green thing inside, it might be something else? That's probably what's making your water cloudy looking. I hope you didn't have any inverts in there...... Good Luck! :happyfish

murph

It may sound heartless but if it were me I would remove the infected fish if possible to catch and euthanize. Feed up the other fish with garlic enhanced food as was described and hope for the best.
I would not under any circumstances add medications to my Display tank. If its possible to set up a quarantine tank and you want to go to the effort to medicated the fish within it you may be able to save the fish. Its probably a 50/50 shot at best and by the time you go to the expense and effort to "cure" what is likely a permanently compromised specimen you could have replaced it twice with a healthy one.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
All the fish are infected now and the medication is worthless. Put fresh carbon back into your filters and turn them back on.
There is info in the disease forum in the FAQ thread, if you are interested.