Ich treatment setup question

famous

I want to know if a 10gal tank would be a large enough set up for a royal gramma, wrassee, and flame angel? I dont have the tank now and all the sudden noticed the white dots all over the fish..especially the angel. If I get the tank in the morning can I add water from the DT or do I need to make up some more and let it cycle? Problem there being I dont think that I can wait that long. Any suggestions? I would do hypo in my DT but I have LR, LS, hermits,turbo snails, and a CC star fish. Any suggestions would be great I am very hesitant to try chemicals. Thanks :help:
Kyle

happypants

I am not an expert by any means however, I have delt with ick for a few months now. It wiped out almost all of my fish at first only because I didn't recognize the signs and treat it soon enough. I have started over and I noticed that my flame angel had small signs of ick. I started treating my tank right away with a product called "kick ick" and I finished up yesterday. Everyone looks happy and no sign of white spots. This stuff is great if you have inverts in your tank. It does them no harm.

92protruck

I think a 10 gal will work but a 20 gal would be better. You can use the water from your display but that won't be the same as a cycled QT. You will have to do a lot of water changes and monitor ammonia.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by 92ProTruck
I think a 10 gal will work but a 20 gal would be better. You can use the water from your display but that won't be the same as a cycled QT. You will have to do a lot of water changes and monitor ammonia.
Absolutely