Ick Attack?

guzman825

is Ick Attack suppose to be a brownish color, because when i poured it in, it made my tank clowdy. so is it suppose to be that color??
and does it contain copper??
thanks.

bioneck47

yeah, it is a brownish color. I've used ich attack many times before in the past with bad results. IMO it's just a wast of money. You're better off performing hypo.

yearofthenick

Certain corals hate ich attack. If you have a reef tank, watch your corals very carefully.
A much more effective treatment to keep the ich at bay is using a garlic/vitamin soak. This stengthens the fish's immune system and helps the fish physically fight off the ich. Try using GVH Garlic/Vitamin Soak. I've had excellent results with this exact product. I know it feels like you need to treat ich with an ich-killing product, but this stuff really works well, athough it will not cure the ich in your tank, but neither will the ich attack.
I would use the GVH long before I'd put Ich-Attack in my tank. Ich attack kills single-celled organisms. Although it says it's reef safe, it does not discriminate in killing single-celled organisms... it will eventually kill them all.... and there are a heck of a lot more single-celled organisms in the tank than just the ich. Keep that in mind if you're going to use it.
There is no copper in Ich Attack.

yearofthenick

P.S. your corals and inverts will never be affected by ich. Ich is a fish-only disease. Everyone else will be ich-less regardless of what you do.

yearofthenick

Fresh garlic is the best.
GVH worked for me. I agree it does not do the job as well as freshly squeezed garlic, but since I've been using GVH, there hasn't been a single spot of ich on any of my fish. I'm speaking from first-hand experience.