Ick or Lympho

fish1031

The pics are hard to see but I have a 6" pinktail trigger in my 180g
I thought this was ick for the longest time but it doesn't go away. It is not consistant in covering the fish. He has had this one spot in front of his top fin for the longest time. It has auctually seemed to get a tiny bit better. Every now and then a spot comes and goes. I am starting to think its lymphi because its raised and larger than most ick and not on the fins... none of the other fish have it.
thanks

sepulatian

Take a close look at it with a magnifying glass. Lymph is bumpy looking and the spot where it is coming out of the skin would look eroded. If it is just one spot that comes and goes in the exact same place on the fish and you have not seen any spots on the fins at all then it is probably lymph.

fish1031

ahhh, Ilene that is what is is then. I don't even have ick. sg still at 1.014.... what do I do now? Its got to be I've done hypo twice how could the ick survive?

bill109

couldnt lymph. be from water with bad water quality?
what are ur reading is this is ne where near tru?

sepulatian

The nitrate needs to come down. Do a few small changes to bring up the SG (I was wondering how in the world you still had ich) and it will help to lower the nitrates.

lesleybird

It looks too big to be an ich spot. Maybe the lympho or maybe he scraped himself on a rock or something and it is a reactionto a sore spot? Who knows. Good luck. He lookes otherwise healthy. Lesley