ID a crab Please

krishj39

eek, I can't ID it for you, but from what I can see, he looks like a predator. Look at the claws. Do they come to sharp points or do they have circular pads? Sharp points means it is definitely a predator, circular pads means it eats algea.

mrbubbles

He looks like one ugly crab.Question has he eaten any of your fish ? and one more thing Im about to go to a 72 bow how you like yours an can i please see pics thank

mrbubbles

He looks like one ugly crab.Question has he eaten any of your fish ? and one more thing Im about to go to a 72 bow how you like yours an can i please see pics thank

jkvjl

I had a fish go missing a while back but I just thought my puffer ate him I never even thought it was this guy till another post was on the board talking about crabs..As for the 72 bow it's not up and running yet I just got it this weekend I have a 46 gallon pentagon right now..I'm upgrading maybe next weekend I want to get some more live sand and live rock and get it set-up and get it cycled before I move the fish over from the 46.

sggavin

ive got one just like that, ive got mine out and checked his claws, they were cupped, so i stuck him back in there.
That is the exact crab i have, hides in rocks and just seems to eat algea off the rocks. I have never got an exact ID on him.

vibe

make a trap for him. dunno how, but thats what i would do. crabs are fast, but very very stupid. my bait suggestion would be a cube brine shrimp. good luck. man that thing is an ugly mofo. just be happy its not a mantis:scared: !

vibe

im looking over the ID pic again. its probably a red/brown emerald crab. but to make sure build the trap ;).

jkvjl

I have to agrre with you therer it is a scary looking guy..I'm hoping if I keep feeding it, it may not fit in the LR and I can catch him..lol

jkvjl

Guess what everyone I caught him..I took it to my Local fish store and they IDed as a bad thing to have in my tank..Next question: what do I do with it now