ID and information

rwiesner20

Well my wife decided she was going to go and buy a new item for our tank without my knowledge lucky she acclimated it correctly while I was working and added it to the tank. I am not sure what kind of anemone this is any input? Also she said it is a lot bigger then when she bought it. She is telling me it almost looks inflated. I have never owned or wanted to own anemones but since its been in the tank for a few days I don't want to take it out and possible stress it out more plus my daughter thinks it is cool. It is a white/cream color with purple tips.

bang guy

It resembles a severely bleached Sebae I think. It's going to require a ton of TLC to get an anemone that bleached healthy again. You have a lot of work ahead if you're going to keep it.

I'd rate the chance of it living 6 months at about 2%.

Taking on a difficult to keep animal is one thing but to attempt to nurse one back to health that is so deathly sick is really brave.

rwiesner20

It resembles a severely bleached Sebae I think. It's going to require a ton of TLC to get an anemone that bleached healthy again. You have a lot of work ahead if you're going to keep it.

I'd rate the chance of it living 6 months at about 2%.

Taking on a difficult to keep animal is one thing but to attempt to nurse one back to health that is so deathly sick is really brave.
It was not by choice, my lovely wife decided we needed something new to the tank. It has moved around over the past few day and settled there which is kind of surprising as it does not get the best light there. It looks extremely inflated, which I have read they occasional due to get rid of the waste water in them. I checked all of my water parameters and they our where they our supposed to be. Planning on doing a water change in a few days when I get off of work.

spanko

What type of lighting do you have? Try feeding it once a week or maybe twice something meaty. Some mysis or krill of cyclopeeze. Put the food on it's tentacles close to the mouth. It's color should be back to a tan shade to indicate that you are getting it back to normal.

rwiesner20

I have been using mysis, brine for my fish. But I was told they need more of a meaty source of food so I have some Krill been giving it but when I am watching it just loses it so I am going to buy some silversides and reg shrimp to see if it will eat it. Currently using Fluval 25000K LED's but its hiding under the rocks. From what i am told is its hiding until it starts feeling better.

pegasus

Yes, it's a purple-tip sebae. They are normally white, so I wouldn't be too alarmed. Chopped table shrimp should do it a world of good. As long as it's tentacles are extended and sticky, it's generally in good health.

rwiesner20

Wish it would move from under the dam rock and face the front of my tank. Pegasus when I get home I will try the shrimp and take ya a few more pics. Our they a off white or normal around that color.

pegasus

There are different color variations of sebae, but the white version is basically very white with colored tips. Lighting can play a role in the intensity of the whiteness.