ID Angelfish

dragonboy

I saw this angel fish on this cover book and was wondering anyone know what this angel fish is called. Its the red or orange angelfish with the white stripe shown on that book cover.

dragonboy

I looked up there was no angel call candy cane its probably something else. I'm not sure if this a dwarf angel or the large angel but does seem like a dwarf angel. I just dunno whats the name of it. It could be a rare one since I don't see any sites that offer this fish.

aquaknight

Peppermint Angelfish -- Paracentropyge boylei (candy cane was a good guess though
)
Not a 'true' dwarf (depending on how you ask), but a dwarf none the less. Endemic to the Cook Islands, there is only one in captivity.

dragonboy

Cool wow it is a rare one hehehe.... but nice fish. Too bad they don't have many as captivity right now. Maybe later who knows but sure would be a pretty penny for that guy.
Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3047791
Peppermint Angelfish -- Paracentropyge boylei
(candy cane was a good guess though
)
Not a 'true' dwarf (depending on how you ask), but a dwarf none the less. Endemic to the Cook Islands, there is only one in captivity.

dragonboy

Thats just too much for that much I can do a lot with a tank. I can get 600 gallon tank and fully stock it. I rather get the conspicious angel for $1400 and they look more amazing than this guy.

nycbob

thats a good book btw. it was this book that got me to get a dwarf angel for my reef. there r many pics of angels inside sps, lps and softies tanks in the book.