ID Help plzzz... Featherduster?

smellsfishy

This may be redundant...so I apologize in advance if you've read/saw this somewhere else..
plus I got my digital camera today...so you cant blame me for wanting to play with it and post pics...right? lol...
anyway...I got a herd of these sprouting up on my LR. Are they fan worms..or featherdusters? or...what..
Thnx

droth335

I believe it is an algae - although I'm a relative newbie so I can't tell you what kind. I had them in my tank - until I added the cleaning crew which promptly ate them.

smellsfishy

thnx. my cleanup crew hasnt touched them yet. But they are busy getting fat on all the hair algea that was growing.
I posted this same question on another board and was told it is Neomeris annullata. Its a type of algea that will eventually shrivle up and turn fan-shaped. Said to be common in new tanks. Which mine is at only 5 months old. I've got all kinds of wierd stuff growing now... very cool.

krishj39

looks like a tube worm that makes calcium based tubes, very common hitch hikers. The tube looks like it has just been covered with algae.

dindi

It is algea. I have it too..grows right where my mushrooms grow. I am curious to what it looks like 2 years from now, I have had mine for 1 year now. dosen't seem to get bigger but just longer.

smellsfishy

my new camera is a Canon a70. Got it on ----, brand new with a free 128MB flash memory card. I saved about $70 over buying it at bestbuy. If your looking at cameras...---- has some sweet deals, if you do your homework, and watch the bidding.