ID hitchhiker starfish

marineguys

A newly discovered hitchhiker on some live rock. It is about 1in. It is brownish. It closely resembles a choc. chip but is not. The pic i can compare it to is this google pic: http://www.richardandjo.com/images/starfish.jpg
The only difference is size obviously, and ours has more dark brown spot-like markings on the legs like a choc. but not raised at all. It will go to the lfs when it starts to get bigger because starfish are not reef safe. Or if someone wants him they can... just pay shipping. He is small and our camera sucks but if i get a good pic i shall post. Anyone know common hitchhiker fiji live rock starfish?

ophiura

My guess it is a common Asterina hitch hiker. Will not get larger. Very common, and 99% of the time harmless. Search on this site for Asterina and you will find pictures - they are quite diverse in number of arms, but they are very common hitch hikers, about the size of a nickel full grown. Most people who have LR have them, and very very rarely are they an issue (now and then someone gets an SPS eater...but if you do not have SPS corals, it is very unlikely you have one).

bojik

does it look more like a tiny brittle starfish for lack of a better way to describe it? I most of the ones I had in my tank, and see,when spread out where like quarters with a couple about the size of a half-dollar coin.