Id like to get a good 'maintanance wrasse'

king_neptune

A good wrasse can be a means of pest control.
I like wrasse's, they have wonderful personality and look amazing.
So I planned on getting one anyways.

I would like one that is great at cleaning up unwanted pests in the tank.
I scored big time with my Copperband Butterfly, he prefers mysis and aptasia and Leaves my corals alone.

I'd like to get another good maintenance fish with the idea that he will eat unwanted pests that may arise.
I was looking at a Velvet fairy wrasse and mystery wrasse.
I had a 6 line that had loads of personality, but was a bit of a bully, so I found him a new home. Id like to try a wrasse again. Any other ideas/thoughts?

i always liked the fairy wrasses. they also seemed to leave my cleaner shrimp alone. my longfin fairy sleeps in sand bed at night...pretty cool

king_neptune

Nice find. That dragon wrass looks really interesting. May not be the flashy pretty color...but a real head turner.
He out and about? or still shy?

bw256s_srt4

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Neptune http:///forum/thread/379723/id-like-to-get-a-good-maintanance-wrasse#post_3301579
Nice find. That dragon wrass looks really interesting. May not be the flashy pretty color...but a real head turner.
He out and about? or still shy?
He hides in the rocks with my lights are not on, and when it takes in about a hour to come out when the lights come on. Just remember the juvi one looks different than an adult one. I have a juvi right now.

bw256s_srt4

BUT make sure u watch him the first few days as it may nip at shrimp and hermits. Mine hasnt really done that but some of them may.

he will eat any thing he can fit his mouth. mine was very cool, he would play with his food before he killed it. and they get very big

king_neptune

sounds like a good choice then.
I dont have a lot in the way of pests, I just want to have a preventative maintains fish that will help keep that always.
Having a fish that will eat everything negative in one fell swoop is a nice thing to have.

What about pods? do they eat pods?My tank teems with pod life, they come out by the thousands at night and scour the rocks.Id like to keep it that way.