ID Me Please!

I picked up this piece at a local store that is going out of business. When i got it the closest ID the owner or i could come up with was Blastomussa. However, it did not fluoresce under acintics like i have seen other blastos do. It looked very flat and deflated. He let me have it since he just wanted to get rid of his stock, so i gladly accepted and figured i would try and rehab it. I have had it for about 3 weeks, and it has "inflated" about twice the size it was originally. It has also developed small white tipped "tentacles" around each polyp. It is starting to get some color back, but not as much as i would like. ID would help greatly with any extra care i need to give it.
Thanks!
Click on pics for larger versions...

S

sudc

Hoar to tell without a better pic but those dont look like blasto.
If i had to guess from that pic, i'd say acan lords probably. If they are acans, medium light and medium flow are best and they like to be spot fed anything meaty.

Originally Posted by SUDC
Hoar to tell without a better pic but those dont look like blasto.
If i had to guess from that pic, i'd say acan lords probably. If they are acans, medium light and medium flow are best and they like to be spot fed anything meaty.
If you click on the pics they link to larger versions...figured it would be easier than posting 500x500 pics on here.
Acans eh? Well, currently i have them sitting in the sand on the bottom. Think they would do better a bit higher?

S

sudc

Interesting now that i see the bigger pics.
Still say they aren't blastos but they arent acan lords either i dont think. I'll still say some sort of acan but not positive

What kind of lights do you have? what size tank?

S

sudc

If they are acans, thats probably ok then.
If i were you, i would spot feed them though. Anything meaty should be fine.

S

sudc

No problem.
If they are acans, you could practically put a steak on them and they'd eat it

chilwil84

if you spray a real small amount of food near them it will get them to put out there feeder tenticles then give them larger amount when the feeders are out. on a different note hows belair, i used to live at town and country in rosedale just past the golden corral

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
Acanthastrea echinata
Yeah, after searching Acans that is what i thought too. Thanks for the ID, shame they arent Blastos, since thats what i wanted, but not bad for a free piece.