ID on the tank walls

Just went to Cancun for a week or so, it's pretty nice there, though there reefs aren't as colorful as i thought they would be. My aunt just did normal feedings everyday with flakes until I came back, and I had the lights set on timers. I THINK the timers got messed up and might have turned on the lights longer than usual, because my mushrooms were all shriveled up when I had a major algae bloom. I also noticed these white moving spots on my tank, and I really don't think it is ick because they fish seem to be doing really well. Here are a few pics.

A little bit of hair algae. I will be getting another timer soon because I think the one I got is broken. It turns off and turns on sometimes, randomly, very weird.

chris17

they look like pods to me. . . .they dont hurt anything, they are good for saltwater tanks. . . HTH

flatzboy

They could be baby snails but its hard to tell without looking at it with a magnifying glass.

There not baby snails, because I've had baby snails before ( at least 300+) and they've all seemed to die. I think my dragon wrasse might have took them out. He will be going out of the tank soon, =/. I also thought it might have been pods/diatoms, i just didn't know which one. This algae is really pissing me off though, everything is green, ahhh. And the pods are sorta annoying;; if they are pods that is. Any advice on the algae? It's very hard to take off with those kents algae scrappers (sp). THanks for the quick replies.

The tank as been up for at least 2 years, with it's ups and downs as I was a noobie in the beginning with a huge ick problem and amn spike. Now, I've read and learned more and know better.
Tank is a 180 gallon... and I use ro/di water.
Bigarn are u talkin about a mag-float? Because it wont take off the algae, I already tried, haha.

bigarn

YEAH....I meant Mag-float, sorry. It won't take off regular green algae? What kind of water do you have in California? lol
You sure it's not coraline? :D

Fish List;;---
blonde naso tang
yellow tang*
purple tang*
paired maroon clowns
dragon wrasse**
also have 1 cleaner shrimp, no hermits / snails due to the wrasse, I believe.
*get along together fine
** out after i switch my CC for a DSB in hopefully a week.
I wouldn't say it's normal green algae. It's really hard to take off. I can use my nails and softly take off a CM line of it, but if I use anything esle, it won't work. I'm gonna get the water para- soon and see if anything is wrong.
"Benthic Harpacticoid Copepods." are good right? haha. I hope they are, there everywhere, on the walls and free floating, sorta annoying. THanks for the ID guys. Still needa fix that algae problem though.

clarkiiboi

If it is a hard green algea, I have it too. The only thing that I found that works is some elbow grease and an old credit card. Then cleaning the glass everyday (looking for it) with the mag-float, if you catch it right at the beginning it seems to be softer and will come off with a few concentrated swipes in that area. Dont know what causes it though. HTH

Yeah, i use the mag float and im actually scrubbing on the outside until i sweat until it comes off. I did it for a long time today, haha, and i'm pretty exhausted.