ID please.. with pic!

cufishfan

Hi! Just got a beautiful piece of LR and saw a few of these on it. No clue what they are.. any help is appreciated! Thanks!!
Close up

Whole rock, so you can see scale of it

flower

Ummm
They look more like what I call button anenomes. They will overtake the whole tank. They are like aptasia, but they don't sting coral as bad.
They are not a good thing, kill them like aptasia.
But if you think they are mushrooms, wait... If they develope a stem they are the things I am talking about.
I counted six already on the rock. 3 lg and 3 tiny ones

cufishfan

I don't know if it helps, but most of them seem to be the tentacle-like things around a flat, circular center. Like the top one in the second picture. I tried looking up both button anemone and hairy mushroom and it's hard to tell if what I have is either of those.
Thanks!

spanko

Looks like Majano to me, here is a picture from Max Standberg

and another from Melevs reef

cufishfan

I hate to say, but I think Spanko and Renogaw are right.. I looked at a few more pictures and it does look like majano. What's the best way to get rid of it? Will my turbo snails or emerald crab eat it? (I ask hopefully!)
Thanks everyone for their help!

spanko

Take that rock out and put salt on them. Seems I have read that will take care of them.

cufishfan

Hey guys, didn't want to start a new thread, so hopefully I'll get a few responses here. I've looked through the site and on a few others, but haven't been able to figure out what this is...
I found this black worm that retracts into a pink-ish tube on my LR. The worm has 2 'feelers' and is about the width of a chopstick. It doesn't extend more than 1/4" out of the tube and the tube is short. Here's a picture of it, please let me know a) what it is and b)what to do about it.
Thanks!!

cufishfan

Can anyone help me out? I'm fine with the Majano ID, it's the one in the picture above this... Sorry if it's confusing, just didn't want to waste another post on just 1 ID.
Thanks!