ID please

rwhite

Looks like an anemone, but I've never seen one so small. Its about an inch in diameter. Possibly a BTA? Or possibly some nuisance that I've not seen yet?

rwhite

Thats what I was afraid of. Knew I had seen it on the board but couldnt remember the name. Just did a search and found many similar pics all with VERY poor reviews, thanks. Unfortunately, I'm going to Milwaukee tomorrow and dont have the time or resources to take care of the pest so it will have to wait for a week. Hopefully it wont go crazy in that time. One question: Do they move around? Is that what I need to worry about or just splitting/spreading?

mary

What is Joe's juice? I've four or five of them and was going to pput aquarium glue over them.

bang guy

Reproduction rate makes them a pest. If they were easy to remove or control they'd be pretty neat. Unfortunately that's not the case.

mary

A friend of mine went to the extreme in that her tank became inundated with them. I mean every rock was a mass of them. She took her corals to our LFS, and put a butterfly fish in from the LFS. It ate what appeared to be hundreds in a very short time, but, it then came close to starving before she could get it out of her tank to return. Major difficulty in retreiving the fish. It still died at the LFS from not being fed correctly. We have a great team of people there however I think certain fishes should not be ordered unless they can be fed properly, or sold immediately to responsible buyers.