ID Please

friction32

Got this from the LFS and they had it marked as a red sponge.Don't think it is a sponge but could anyone ID this.It is firm and rubbery to the touch.
Thanks

stuckinfla

Hey.....what is this?? I had one a while back, and if Im not mistaken, it was Bang (orKp) that told me that they eat snails and to get it out. I could be wrong though, but thats what it looks like.

sailfin

It looks like a lawnmower blennie?? All they eat is algae and veggie stuff. They can nip at clam mantles though.

friction32

Thanks Bang.....I will try to get a close up shot saturday....and yes that is a LawnMower Blennie completely harmless.....he is great to watch...has his own personality.
BTW Bang can sponges be rubber feeling and firm?? Feels kinda like one of those little rubber bouncing balls that your kids play with???
Thanks!!

sailfin

Originally posted by Friction32
Thanks Bang.....I will try to get a close up shot saturday....and yes that is a LawnMower Blennie completely harmless.....he is great to watch...has his own personality.
BTW Bang can sponges be rubber feeling and firm?? Feels kinda like one of those little rubber bouncing balls that your kids play with???
Thanks!!

If you knew that it is a LMB why did you circle it and ask what it was?:notsure:

T

tizzo

Am I missin' somethin' here?? StuckinFla asked about the LMB, and Friction is asking about the orange rubbery sponge thing... Do I have this right?

T

tizzo

Originally posted by stuckinfla
OK, I see it now, my bad. I thought it looked like a Polyclad flatworm at first SORRY

Well friction, looks like your LMB won't be winnin' any beauty contests, LOL!
I too am curious to know what your coral/sponge is... Hurry up and get a closer pic!! :jumping: :jumping:

sailfin

Thanks for the clarification. :nervous:
I guess I should really start reading the names of those who post. Sorry.
Keep a reefin' :happyfish

ophiura

Hmmm, a closer pic will definitely be interesting. When I think of rubbery mass like that I tend to think colonial tunicates that are kind of embedded and don't necessarily look like "classic" tunicates....but that looks to strange :(