ID Please

dschwartz

Hello, bought a nice looking piece of Fiji live rock from LFS the other day. Found numerous starfish but can't seem to figure out what these two things are. The larger hitchhiker, on the left, raises itself out on a 1" or so stem when the lights are off. The other smaller guy, just to the right and slightly above opens up a little bit fuller when lights off and has a greenish coloring to him. Any ideas? Good or Bad? Keep or remove?
Thanks!
David.

jubbin2001

Looking at it it appears to me to be Aiptasia and a Mojano anemone. You'll want to get rid of them asap. Anyone else?

funkysean5

Originally Posted by jubbin2001
http:///forum/post/2981796
Looking at it it appears to me to be Aiptasia and a Mojano anemone. You'll want to get rid of them asap. Anyone else?
Ageed, they are aiptasia and mojano. Do not cut them up, but spray some kalkwasser or Joes Juice on them.

C

cust11

The one on the left looks like aiptasia and the little one on the right looks like mojano.

koldsouth

I had several of them. I added 4 Perpermint shrimp. In 2 days the had ate all of them. No worrys on them spreading now.

naclh2o nut

Picked up a large rock full of green zoas and now I have juiced a dozen on it and they are still coming. Only place in tank. Starting to look at removing zoas and trashing rock.
If you do search and the pics look like what you have, stand up juice them and watch very close. They are stubborn and grow very fast.