Id these snail

trippkid

I have never seen them cause any type of damage to corals and such, algae eaters, I would not worry about them. I would agree-Limpet

alix2.0

i though limpets in general were OK even beneficial to have but keyhole limpets (with the hole in the top) were the ones to watch out for? idk ill look it up, im probably just confused.

digitydash

What I was reading on them since I know what they are now.They take water current threw the bottom of their shells and release the waste not used threw the volcano like hole on the top of the shell.Very cool never seen one till today and they do look cool

digitydash

yes I do have sps's.I will have to do more research on these and Qt them in a hatchery till I find out for sure then.

mscarpena

i though limpets in general were OK even beneficial to have but keyhole limpets (with the hole in the top) were the ones to watch out for? idk ill look it up, im probably just confused.
I have always heard key hole limpits are bad as well.

digitydash

The Keyhole Limpets are typically half an inch long, or smaller, and feed on unwanted hydroids and filamentous algae, cyanobacteria, diatoms. Unfortunately, in a SPS tank , they will also feed on the tissue of SPS corals.Limpets have an oval, laterally compressed shell that tapers to an off-centered blunt point. Limpets have a tiny hole at the crest of their shell where it becomes a point, which they use for waste and water exchange by taking the water from under their shell and releasing it threw the top of the shell.
They are a common import with live rock, and are typically colored in a mottled brown, black and tan pattern, and do not have a mantle that cover their shell.They normally are thin and streamline so they won't get crushed by big waves on the reefs. Some limpet species are herbivores and are beneficial to even a reef tank, but even the herbivores can be harmful if there is not enough food for them. Limpets will typically not reproduce to any significant number in the aquarium, and physical removal will usually be sufficient to control them.