ID This Dog

euphoria

I saw this pic in one of the avatars of our members here, and I was wondering what kind of a dog this is.
Anyone?

nikkoli110

I believe they are expensive, I have seen breeders advertising in the Dupont Registry for exotic cars. But I'm sure you could find some for cheap, the first thing I always look for is a rescue place, that rescue certain purbreds, my stepbrother got a great dane from one of those places, and she was a beautiful dog. They can also be cheaper, and you have the good feeling of helping out a dog that was hurt, or unwanted. But there are plenty of places online that you can find breeders and stuff.

avbryce1

they are just like most other dogs you can get one for like 3-5 hundred... or like 3-5 thousand:D great dogs, my aunt has one.

nw2sltfsh

they are great dogs although you do need to care for their skin more so then most dogs to ensure that they do not get an infection within the folds based on dirt.
As stated before they can range in price from 300-several thousand, it all depends on what you are looking for if you want a show dog you will have to shell out big bucks, for a pedigree pet around 500 is average for any type of dog.
if you think that picture is cute you need to see these suckers as babies - they are a little wrinkled ball with a tail, they also come in several colors fawn, Gray, black and the white as shown above.
Great dogs !

lovethesea

my step mom had one. Ming was her name. What a cutie she was. All of those wrinkles do cause some trouble though. She even got an eye lift.
My kids loved to play with all of her wrinkles. Good dog.

euphoria

I used to buy Dupont Registry and they had some expensive dogs in there, among very expensive cars :)
I am willing to spend upto a grand on one, and maybe buy a baby one. I'm afraid though that my fiance will fall in love w/ it and start ignoring me :D
What are the drawbacks w/ these sharpei's, other than the wrinkled skin collecting dirt/infection?
Are they easy to train, are they friendly, do they bark a lot? I don't know much about dogs, so that's why I ask. I really don't like any animals w/ fur, but this guy looks too cute to pass :)

lovethesea

Originally posted by pwnag3!!
i beleive its called an ugly

aaron...didn't you know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?
:yes:

lovethesea

Originally posted by Fishaholic
I saw a stray one here in Houston. It didnt have tags or anything. I was working at the time.

send it to pwnag3's house .

nikkoli110

I love dogs, any kind. I have a lab, as you can see on my avatar. He's great, he sits, stays (even when you put a dog treat 2 inches from his nose) he fetches, he lays down, he sits pretty, and I just taught him to wave. Its really cute! And he's only a year old. I havent had any experience with Shar-Pei's, but I'm sure you can find a ton of info on them on the web. I have been on the AKC website, Here a link... http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/sharpei.cfm That page has some good info on them. Just make sure you have lots of time for a puppy! They are great to have but take lots of patience and training. Good luck! Hope this helps!

nw2sltfsh

the dogs are good with kids and adults but do need to be socialized around other people and animals at a young age so they are not agressive as adults.
the main health concerns are skin infections, eye trouble and allergies.
Max weight 35-45lbs
Very short hair with no undercoat so shedding should be minimal
They can be a bit stuborn so training is a must with a firm hand and determination
they are good dogs IF you have the time to care for their skin to ensure they are always clean
Good luck with the puppy - he is a picture as a baby - One suggestion you may want to research and find pictures at all stanges of life they do change apparences as they get older and you may not think they are as cute then

pwnag3!!

Originally posted by lovethesea
aaron...didn't you know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?
:yes:

yes but the only thing i could see myself doing with that dog is grabbing its rolls and shaking it like the truffle shuffle on the goonies

C

capschamp

not to bust anyones bubble but i think these kind of dogs are a delicacy in korea.

lovethesea

Originally posted by pwnag3!!
yes but the only thing i could see myself doing with that dog is grabbing its rolls and shaking it like the truffle shuffle on the goonies

:eek:

lovethesea

Originally posted by capschamp
not to bust anyones bubble but i think these kind of dogs are a delicacy in korea.

:scared:
I do know their heritge was as chinese guard dogs. They were bred specifically for something. Now you have me courious. Have to look that up. :)