ID this sick Tang

raf

My brother just brought his Kole Tang over to my house to put him in my HT so I can treat him for ICH but when he got here he looked a little more beat up. I'm not totally sure but it looks like his mouth has something funky going on and he also has some blotchy/discolored spots on him. Any ideas on what this may be? All I know about his water levels is that his nitrate was at 20, PH 8.0, nitrite 0, ammonia 0. And his tank is also too small for the poor fish.
Thanks!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
He may be starting to get Head and Lateral Line Erosion. There is info on this in the FAQ Topic, top of the Disease Forum.
Are you treating the ich with hyposalinity?

raf

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/3219066
He may be starting to get Head and Lateral Line Erosion. There is info on this in the FAQ Topic, top of the Disease Forum.
Are you treating the ich with hyposalinity?

I was going to start hypo tonight but i was debating on using coppersafe instead. Not sure yet. The ich doesn't scare me as much as the other issues it has.

raf

I decided to use the coppersafe stuff and the ich is disappearing as usual and the dull spots went away (I think it might have been stress or something). It doesn't look like he has any HLLE but the mouth issue is what is bothering me. I heard tangs and angels tear up their mouths when grazing on LR for algae when there isn't a whole lot there. I know my brothers rock does not have a lot of algae and he says that it would not touch the algae sheets (although he seems to like mine). Any ideas?