Ideal Temperatures for Corals

hairtrigger

What would the ideal temperature be for corals?
If the temperature is a few degrees to high (I am guessing 80-82F) what could the effects on the specimens be?
Ex: not opening fully, etc.

fishfreek

I run my tank at 79-81 degrees. I think most on this board run there tanks between 78-82. So i think you're just fine. IMO, i don't think keeping your tank a degree or two higher or lower than 80 really matters to much to most corals.

nm reef

Temp is one of 2 items levels that I check daily(the other being specific gravity)...mine normally fluctuates between 78-81 degrees daily. I'd say temp from 78-82 is a good target range but sudden changes up or down should be avoided. I've lost several nice corals due to heater malfunction that spiked temps above 84 degrees...low temp/high temp/sudden swings in temp can cause serious stress related problems to both corals and fish.:cool:

plum70rt

I run a constant 78 degrees, Just wondering what differences do people do for their tanks in the winter months? In reference to keeping a constant temperature, here in FL, the heat is never on, the A/C is always on, keeps house the same temp and humidity level,

broomer5

The ideal temperature range for YOUR tank and YOUR corals is - the temperature range that YOUR tank and YOUR corals seem to do the best within.

kennynj

BR0OMER5' S GOT IT RIGHT!
EVERY TANK IS DIFFERENT, YOU RUN YOUR TANK WITH
THE PARAMETERS WHICH GIVE YOU THE BEST RESULTS.
I RUN MY TANK AT A CONSTANT 80 DEGREES