Ideas for a sump

geridoc

I am planning to remove my small cramped sump that sits in the cabinet below my 220 gallon tank. It is too cramped in there, and there are too many submerged pumps (skimmer, chiller, ats and return) heating the water. I have a "spare 110 gallon tank in the garage that I would like to convert to a sump in the basement below the tank. I have a Hammerhead inline return pump, so there is no problem with adequate return circulation. Within a few days I will begin to convert the tank, but I need some ideas about how to divide the 110. My current plan is to use acrylic to make two bubble traps that will divide the sump into 3 chambers. Chamber 1 will receive downflow from the display in the living room, and run it through a filter sock. There will be 2 pumps there feeding the skimmer and the ats. The skimmer itself will be located in the second chamber. The second chamber will be the largest, containing the skimmer, ats return, rock and, hopefully, a few cephalapods (I have a friend who breeds cuttlefish commercially). The third chamber will be drilled for the return pump. Have I missed anything, or is there a better design that you can think of?

Personally if it were me I would keep the skimmer in the first chamber. No need for a bubble trap between the first and second chamber. You only need a bubble trap before the return. Other than that all sounds good.