Ideas for something tacky for a reef.

jarvis

I miss the idea of the air bubbler divers that you see in freshwater tanks. kinda. Hum got me thinking what could I cover with green star polys and plant in the sand. I was thinking mabee a rubber action figure. The super hero...Green star polyp man! Any other suggestions?

melissa v.

How about one of those plastic clams that open and close with the bubbles, you know the one that usually when the bubbles force it open there is a fake pearl in it, well you could use that minus the bubbles and put star polyps inside it, with the top part of the clam open. (come to think of it that sounds like it would be right pretty):D
just a suggestion:rolleyes:
Melissa V.

T

thomas712

You can always dust off that chia pet present you never used and put that in there. :D
Thomas

melissa v.

Or come to think of it you could use one of those sunken ships that are broke apart in the middle and have starpolyp man rising out of it, (is that tacky enough for you);)
Melissa V.

yosemite sam

I saw at ***** a while back some of these really awful ceramic Mayan and Roman temples. You could get some of that sunken Atlantis ruins background for the tank and add a temple. I can't think of anything much more tacky than that! (I'm an archaeologist though, so maybe I'm a bit biased....:D)

gollum

How about making "The Incredible Hulk" green because he's covered in green star polyps!!! lol... ya..... nvm....

sggavin

when i had a freshwater tank i had put an X-wing in the gravel like on dagoba :) also i think if you put a little Yoda action figure in there it would fit with the green star polyps :D

sheree

This was my first tacky thought for my tank...and yes..I have the scuba diver hangin from the glass bubble.:rolleyes:

You think those glass floating things are tacky! There kind of cool when a snail attaches to one and floats all over the top of the tank. i have two of them in my tank. My CC that i had before i got rid of it climbed on one and sunk it to the bottom...lol.....what a trip

mebigloser

You want something really bad, just throw some aluminum pop and beer cans, and other junk..Then it will look the way people really treat our waters.

vibe

well said mebigloser. IMO, i would go with a broken ship or, at my LFS they have these color ceramic chinese pagodas. it could be tacky i guess. if not any of these, i would go with the spongebob figurines. good luck:D