Ignored Species

big dave

Hey guys! I was thinking recently of the many great aquarium species that really seem to be ignored. Specifically, some aquarium worthy carribean species in particular seem to be ignored. I will list a few and would appreciate any additions. This list is compiled from reading posts and the sales of the following species in the LFS I work at.
The Ignored List:
Redlip Blennies
All the Hamlets
Tobacco Bass
Harlequin Bass
Sweepers (Similar to Cardinals)
Jansen Wrasse
Hardwicke Wrasse
Reef Butterflies
Blue Angels(Look almost identical to Queens)
Grunts-(NOT Sweetlips)
Anglerfish
To name a few. I know I stated that it was a Carribean list but I did add a few Pacifics too.

fishymissy

Hmmm....don't know where they come from but I think the chalk bass are neat fish, I would love to have some, but that would mean setting up another tank!

pufferlover

Had a Gunard for about 4 years till it dies, bought it as a 2 or3 inch baby and when it passed it was close to 15 inches and with its side fins (or wings as I called them) open it reached from side to side in a 135 gal tank. It ate like a Puffer does and yet it was a mild fish with its tankmates.
Currently have a red lipped blennie in my full reef and it is a adorable fish that just sits around till dinner then buzz's all over the tank. Have a bi-color blennie in my 46 and it also is a great fish for a tank.
Had a Tabacco Bass (bought as a baby) when it grew up it was a terror and would eat anything it could get in its mouth. Real nasty sucker that one was.