iknow this off the subject anyone got any other intersting animals

buzz

Those aren't cheap birds you got there! How old are the African Grey's? I heard they live a very long time! A friend of the family had one when I was a kid, and that thing was smart as anything.
I'm afraid I don't have anything quite that interesting...just 2 cats. Had some dogs, hamsters, gerbils and such. I'd say the most interesting animal I had was an enormous guinea pig. He was the size of a very large rabbit...you could put a leash on it and take it out in the yard. We used to let it run around, and it would come when you called it's name. No joke...the thing was like a dog. When you called it, it would start squeaking, and run to you.

sterling

I can't say I've had anything exotic. But we have had some top show dogs to show over the years (my husband and I are handlers), including a gordon setter named Ch. Bit O Gold Titan Treasure that retired the sporting group trophy at Westminster because he won the sporting group three consecutive years. 1997, 1998 and 1999. That's pretty cool.

davidsmith

i was calling buss dumb xause of his gigantic guinea pig thats all he said you can call it and it will run to you and squeek i thought that was funny . buzz no hard feelings i didnt mean it if you took it to heart i am sorry

buzz

Yeah! What's with calling me dumb?!?!?!?!?!?! (Just kidding. I didn't take it seriously.)
My guinea pig was smart, darn it! Show me another guinea pig that knows it's name and comes running when you call it!
And unless you are talking about some sort of canary or parakeet that is also called an African Grey, those African Grey Parrots, last I checked, sold for thousands of dollars.

debbers

I have a seven-year-old. Second graders are more exotic than anything else I've ever come across!
~D~
:D

davidsmith

no its a african grey parrot thats all i have the place were i bought him is called the canary farm thats all i love my birds. my macaw is funny. when my little brother who is 1 and half and my neice runs at it my macaw starts walkign towards it with its wings pread apart all the way and makes a crazy noise and the kids get scared and call him godzilla its the funniest thing i ever seen

buzz

Ok now THAT'S funny!
DvSkin - I misread. I thought it said he had 4 African Grey's, not a 4 year old. That's a little better. (still too rich for my blood)Phew!

ophiura

Originally posted by sterling
I can't say I've had anything exotic. But we have had some top show dogs to show over the years (my husband and I are handlers), including a gordon setter named Ch. Bit O Gold Titan Treasure that retired the sporting group trophy at Westminster because he won the sporting group three consecutive years. 1997, 1998 and 1999. That's pretty cool.

Heck yeah, that's cool!
Plus a champion basket star (and word how its doing?)
I, of course, have brittlestars, which are extremely interesting, exotic, fascinating, etc etc etc.
Also 2 cats (one LOVES to roll onto her back and watch the fishy in the 8g on cat level). HER fishy.
A freshwater planted tank (gosh I need a PC upgrade)
2 Bettas
2 parakeets.
I've had a lot more- newts, hermit crabs, mice, rats (very very cool), dog, more cats, anolis lizards, rabbit....

debbers

Ophiura,
Yeah! Rats are very cool pets! I had one when I was teaching, and he was the best!! RIP, Jake!
~D~

E

eight2178

i have 2 ferrets (slinky and bandit), a bearded dragon(twoee), 2 dogs (mio, a 5 y.o. irish setter/golden retriever, and roxi a 4 month old rott/shepperd mix)...oh...and a girlfriend....

N

newreefers

2 cats, 1 gecko, 1 taranchula (sp)- then I got married and the spider had to go. Hubby said no way :(

davidsmith

lol girl freind as a pet definalty could relate . she hates when i spoil my animals and not her she argues with my bird funny as hell cause my african grey tells her shut up

debbers

LMAO @ davidsmith!!
I meant I had a class pet rat when I taught children! But I know some people teach their rats tricks. Jake (the rat) didn't know any, but he was cool anyway.
We used to have a little cat named Tache that knew some tricks. We taught her how to "sit" and "beg".
:D

davidsmith

my macaw has a real personality i think i let him watch to many godzilla movies cause he scares my little brother neice you have to see it and they keep comming back for more and my bird she keeps walking to them i think the birds love the attetion. he is a sweet heart he stands on my brother head and real gentel