I'm a Daddy again 200 Boys 200 Girls

Put my moma mithrax in a 10 gal. when eggs gone clear, dropped the lights down to moon glows only and the second day of watching it went down well .
Question what to feed in the rookery ?Don't want to geuss going to try it...Instead of feed'n the fish...Temp. is 80 ,air stone only one corner ( keep it dark ,light?)
Thanks Scottbythesea:)

bdhough

Emerald crabs huh.... Interesting. Try some plankton in the water column. I'm sure they could find it amongst the rock they will crawl on... Don't expect many to live unless you have had success before raising???
I have some mini strombus surviving breeding in my 12. Its very cool to see the little babies crawling on the glass all the time.

I raised fry of Discus pretty well before going to the reef .Got some phytoplex (kent stuff ) in the water column a min. before you posted couldn't hurt. We used to mash up beef hearts and what not for lean simple proteins.Wondering what else or next .What about any site info. would like to continue this ave. in the future months while locked in the cold.
Thanks for your help, ScottbytheSea

bdhough

Don't blame you. Try searching the net for this stuff. Also maybe another post with a more descriptive name? Emerald Crab Eggs Hatched Now what? or something like that. You have the right idea by isolating them and no current. I would place the mother back in the main tank so she doesn't eat the babies later. Emeralds are algae eaters. Beyond the phytoplankton i'm guessing they can find what they need in the rocks...?