Im also Moving Across Country just like PHXFishGuy did!

lil.guppy

Ok so PHXFishGuy has inspired me so much because I am moving from Oregon to Louisiana very soon! I am going to do similar methods that he also did.
So far I got my two smaller coolers (Coleman Xtreme only!) the stores around here are not selling them anymore so I thought I better get them now before they are gone.
All I need right now is some battery powered areators or water movers or something. Does anyone have any advice on some good ones?

outsdr2

Hi Lil Guppy. Good Luck with your move. I googled Fort Polk. all I can really say is that I see why the tears. That place is the smack middle of no where. lol

lil.guppy

Yea there is a walmart and that is it! The rest is mainly titty bars

No major resturant chains just fast food.

Good news is on the way down there I wont have to worry about the livestock getting too cold

Im going to put all coral and fish into one and my live rock in the other.

lil.guppy

Put together the compartments for the coral and I labled them so I remember. There is a piece of egg crate that goes over the top of them too. I have a small tubaware container on the far left upper side with egg crate above it for the loose zoanthids that I find in the tank. I have removed my zoo colonies and xenia and put them on the sand so they dont continue to grow on the rock. I am not going to be able to get everything off the rocks so all my rock and fish will be in 1 cooler and the rest of all the coral will be in their own cooler. Im ordering the battery opperated areaters this week and will show you how I install those and still be able to use the drain hole in the future without ruining the cooler.
I used wire cutters for the egg crate, zip ties, felt tip marker to make my measurment marks, and ofcourse a tap measure.

jackri

Originally Posted by lil.guppy
http:///forum/post/3105312
Yea there is a walmart and that is it! The rest is mainly titty bars

Am I the only one that finds it funny when women use that word?

I did some training in Biloxi, Miss and people asked me how I could live in North Dakota....... umm since they have never been there and I was standing there sweating in 95 degree heat and humidity at midnight yet and the place (sorry if you live there and like it) is a dump. I feel sorry for you going to LA too but hopefully you enjoy it.
Good luck with the move.

lil.guppy

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3107382
Am I the only one that finds it funny when women use that word?

I did some training in Biloxi, Miss and people asked me how I could live in North Dakota....... umm since they have never been there and I was standing there sweating in 95 degree heat and humidity at midnight yet and the place (sorry if you live there and like it) is a dump. I feel sorry for you going to LA too but hopefully you enjoy it.
Good luck with the move.
Yea I really shouldnt be complaining considering I am not the one doing PT in the hot sun.

jackri

I went from 50 degree spring weather to 103 in humidity when I arrived and was expected to run 2 miles in it at 3pm. Ummmm I had a hard enough time breathing. But the rule at the time was if you scored high enough on a fit test you didn't have to... and luckily I cheated before I went ;)

lil.guppy

I have some polyps and zoanthids that are growing on my rocks. Should I remove them now or wait a week before I move? Im moving in about 4 weeks.
I didnt know if detaching them was going to stress them out so they needed to heal awhile before putting them through this.

veni vidi vici

My 1100 mile move went well all my coral made it but my 2 tangs died after placed them into there temp home (75 gal). Stress i believe was a factor, and one of my fire fish was eaten in rout by my green serpent star. Other than that it was a successful trip.

lil.guppy

I made it! took 3 days to get here but I only lost one fish during transit and all coral and remaining fish bounced back.
I got those battery opperated aerator things and put the tubing through the drain hole. I then sealed them in using aquarium sealent. I then duck tapped the lids closed. Never opened them and only turned the oxygen on every 100 miles for about 10 minutes. It got into the 20s in Colorado so I got nervous there. I had some remaining rock in a sealed bucket. Surprisingly the water in there was cleaner and had no ammonia like the coolers and they had areation and were not exposed to that friggid cold. The cooler with the coral has a slight ammonia spike from the dead fish in there.
Tank has been up and running for a week now and everything is doing great!

lil.guppy

Yup im in the swamp now

Coral Beauty Angel but I think he got stuck under the egg crate because the other fish were fine