I'm back...

monalisa

I think that I'm ready to get back into the saddle again. I've had a very emotionally draining last couple of months. My beloved 8 year old sheltie, Leo, who'd been battling cancer for 6 months, made his way to the rainbow bridge on March 18. I didn't know that I could hurt that bad for that long and still wake up breathing. We were with him till the end, as it should be.
A huge part of my healing process was finding a suitable successor for Leo, and that I did. He's a beautiful, wonderful and funny little papillon that we named Stuart. He seems to be determined to shine for us, very smart and eager to learn... we are falling in love with him more and more every day.
The reason I thought that I would post this is because with my "preoccupations" of late, my reef has been a bit neglected. I buckled down today, put Stuart in his kennel and scraped, and cleaned and polished and did a nice big water change...HUGE difference!! I thank the Lord I didn't end up losing any of my precious fish due to the neglect. My reef looks like a new place and my fish are all happy little campers.
I hope to be around the forums more again... probably not quite as much as previously... Stuart is still working on his potty training

Anyway...I'm glad to be back, and I'll keep you all posted.
Lisa

teresaq

welcome back. sorry to hear about your loss. Been there.
Please post pictures of your new baby. We are picking up ours in a few weeks.
TeresaQ

monalisa

Thank you both. I've basically been grieving off and on for 6 months now. I'm a VERY optimistic person, and I swear I don't remember ever thinking of the word "hope" so often in my entire life.
Things are going in the right direction, and I'm again "hope"ful.
I'm so glad to be back here.
Lisa

ric maniac

Yaaay! lol. Sorry about your loss.
( You need an avatar change, it's been the same since I've been on here ;) haha jk)
we need pictures of your baby

bronco300

Originally Posted by ric maniac
http:///forum/post/2542878
Yaaay! lol. Sorry about your loss.
( You need an avatar change, it's been the same since I've been on here ;) haha jk)
we need pictures of your baby

haha, if she takes away that avatar i wont know her anymore! i always knew it was her and her daughter from those diver avatars,lol

ric maniac

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2542903
haha, if she takes away that avatar i wont know her anymore! i always knew it was her and her daughter from those diver avatars,lol
Ya, thats the problem I have with these forums. I remember people by their avatars and not their names.

monalisa

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2542938
glad you are back how is horse tank doing?
OMG, I lost all my horses just days before Leo took a turn for the worse... not sure exactly what to think about that except that someone was looking out. I'll probably not do horses again... I get too attached and at this point I can't really make that kind of a time commitment. I do still have the tank up and running and trying to decide what to do with it. Right now it is housing only snails and tons and tons of pods. We'll see.
For those of you that asked, here are some pictures of my new little addition, Stuart. He's such a little booger... we love him.
Lisa

monalisa

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2545211
Welcome back!! Stewart is adorable. Happy Birthday as well

Ha ha, thank you.
I'm in the process of working through the bureaucracy at work and hopefully Stuart will be able to come and spend his days at work with me like Leo did. I hope so. If not, I guess plan B will have to do.
Thank you all for your responses.
Lisa

anubisxero

How in the world have i managed to miss this thread for so long. I was wondering where you'd been, Lisa. Welcome baaaack! :)
-Jason

K

kikithemermaid

Hi I'm Courtney

I don't know you but I was a veterinary technician for a few years and dealt with a lot of animal loss, and I found this poem to be helpful to some of our clients...I
all the way through it, but it helped me when some of our beloved boarders died at the animal hospital.
I'm still here
I stood beside your bed last night
I came to have a peek
I could see that you were crying
You found it hard to sleep
I whined to you softly
As you brushed away a tear
"It's me, I haven't left you,
I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was close to you at breakfast
I watched you pour the tea
You were thinking of the many times
Your hands reached down to me
I was with you at the shops today
Your arms were getting sore
I longed to take your parcels
I wish I could do more
I was with you at my grave today
You tend it with such care
I want to reassure you
That I'm not lying there
I walked with you toward the house
As you fumbled for your key
I gently put my paw on you
I smiled and said "It's me."
You looked so very tired
And sank into a chair
I tried so hard to let you know
That I was standing there
It's possible for me to be
So near you everyday
To say to you with certainty
"I never went away."
You sat there very quietly
Then you smiled, I think you knew
In the stillness of that evening
I was very close to you.
The day is over...
I smile and watch you yawning
And say "Good night, God bless,
I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right
For you to cross the brief divide
I'll rush across to greet you
And we'll stand side by side
I have so many things to show you
There is so much for you to see
Be patient, live your journey out
And then come home to be with me
Author unknown

T

tizzo

Gaaaad Kiki, I never even lost a pet and now I'm all teary eyed.

Anyway... ML, sorry about your lost puppy. Congrats on your new one. Cutest thing I ever saw, and Stuart is a nice name.
I may hafta steal that for my next puppy.

monalisa

Originally Posted by Anubisxero
http:///forum/post/2608494
How in the world have i managed to miss this thread for so long. I was wondering where you'd been, Lisa. Welcome baaaack! :)
-Jason
Hi Jason!!
I think of you often. How are things??
Lisa