I'm doing some "hiring"

azonic

Well, my reef is starting to get a few corals and fish in it now and I think it's time I "hire" a better Janitorial staff :D ;)
I have 4 fish in the tank which are going to be the only guys in there for a while until I get the thing blocked with corals. The fish are as follows:
Purple Tang
Blue Tang
Flame Angel
Blue-stripe Tomato Clown
The tank is 112 gallons and 5 feet long. I'm trying to put together a very diverse and more importantly FUNCTIONAL clean-up crew before I dive into adding more and more corals. I currently have 30 blue-leg hermits and around 10 astrea snails and a big ass fighting conch that is pushing 3 inches.
The tank is filtered by a Lifereef CLF-1 sump and SVS-24 skimmer...if that matters in my crew slection.
My previous tank was very much lacking a proper clean-up crew and I don't want to make the same mistake with this tank.
I'm looking for suggestions on different critters to get....suggested quantity, etc. Everything must be reef safe. Please, don't leave anything out! :D
Also, it if matters, the tank will house soft, LPS, and some SPS coral as well as a clam or two in the future.
So lemme hear your suggestions! thanks guys... & gals(must be politically correct :D )

flamingkingofhe

i would get rid of all of the hermits they are prone to pick at corals and would add another conch and and some pepermint shrimp along with some cerieth and nassaurius snails
also a bunch of mexican turbos and more astrea snails

cincyreefer

Hermits (unless they are way overly sized) will not pick on corals unless they are already starting to die. I have always liked zebra hermits, along with shrimp and the various snails that others have mentioned.

reefnut

I have zebra, blue legs & scarlets hermits, turbos, astrea, cerieth, nassaurius snails, a queen conch, a fighting conch, a peppermint shrimp and a couple scarlet cleaner shrimp and a new Lettuse sea slug. I've added to the crew sense the tank was stared so I don't know how may of each on the hermits and snails... but I think it is important to have many different types of critters.
O-yea, don't forget the all important bristle worms;).

bigmac

Snails are a whole lot more reef friendly, I'd say you have more then enough crabs....spaghetti worms, bristle worms, a couple conches, mini brittle stars and a more diverse selection of critters that live in you sand bed or live rock would be the way to go. The smaller un seen critters are a lot more reef friendly.

wrassecal

I have astreas, turbos, ceriths, nassarius, stomatellas, ciritulid, bristle worms, pods, 2 scarlet cleaners, mini stars, asterinas, a sallylightfoot (that I'd like to get out) and probably some stuff I'm forgetting. No hermits.