i'm in need of help finding my fish

dse

Hay all,
Well i baught a Orange spot blenny on tuesday night after work got him home and i did the acclimatise left it in the bag floating for 30 minutes whilst i set up my acclimation box up i then proceeded to acclimitise via the box like swf.com explains it.
I then carfully placed him in and he shot off to the intake of the filter and stayed bhined it for most of the night untill i whent to bed turned all lights off woke wed morning could not see him thought oh perhaps hes sleeping or hiding, wed evening looked in tank efore feeding noticed i could not see him i thought i might of scard it by walking past at first so i thought nothing of it. I then feed the tank mysis and a strip of seaweed for the hermits and tang,
and noticed again he was still not out so i went to my sofa and watched still... nothing of him to be seen, i woke this morning at 5am and only turned on the T5's all fish was sleeping untill about 7am (lazy buggers lol) i watched the tank for about 30-40 mins trying to watch out for him no sight and been looking at the tank allday and have nopt seen nothing of him i'm getting kinda of worryed i've checked to see if it has jumped.. no sign plus it would need to jump 1ft high to get over so it's impossible for it to jump unless it hold the marine world record for jumping
anyone have any suggestions on finding him or what to do?
all i have done is check the filter strangly i found a ver small star fish inside but that was all i've not checked the pipes to the filter i can see most of the sand floor in every angle possible to me and cant see him
... please help me find my little buddy cheers

dragonzim

Is the tank covered with anything? Glass, eggcrate, canopy? You'd be amazed at how high some fish can jump. There is also a good chance that he's just hanging out in your rock somwhere

dse

no not coverd yet i baught 4 x EggCrate 600mm x 600mm yesterday wich should arrive tommoro or sat.
i've double checked around the tank and no sign of it...
i moved the rocks just now and found no sign of it.. yet

dse

i don't need help finding it.. i just did a room search and my son decided to help me as i look under the table 2meters from the tank i thought why in the hell would i be looking this far untill my son whent daddy look fish look fish! and boom it was under the table it had jumped and possibley crawled under the table it was dry so i probably jumped in the night i baught it.
well there goes $42 down the drain.. shame as he was a pretty little thing i'll have to ge another one once the egg crate gets here. cheers zim for the help just cant belive it was so far away...

prime311

How much rock is in your tank? Oftentimes if these guys are trying to jump out its because they can't find a hiding place where they feel secure.

dse

yeah for sure as i din't realy have time with this one.. but i am waiting untill i recive my egg crates.
i'll have to wait untill the lfs get the next lot of livestock in aswell as it was his last one so hopfully monday this week or monday week after i hope.....

dse

well i recived the egg crate otherday and i baught a new blenny to replace him i got the lawnmower blenny this time but will eventually get the orange spot blenny again..... one day.
cheers all.