I'm no Ryebread but...

ryebread

Nice stuff Leigh.
I am glad you aren't me by the way. If you were me then who would I be? I don't want you walking in any of my shoes either........I have them worn just right. :D
That hermit crab is digusting........in the cutest way possible of course. ;)

leigh

Thanks ReefNut.
And Rye you crack me up. I'd offer you some stilleto heels, but I live just a little too close to you to have to fear your new wife coming up here to kick my butt. ;)
Originally posted by RyeBread
That hermit crab is digusting........in the cutest way possible of course. ;)

My bf has a big ol crayfish in a 20 gal tank on his desk at work. Apparently the other day he was doing a water change but stopped to have lunch while leaving the lid and lights off the tank. The crayfish crawled out of the tank off his desk across the floor to the doorway where it was standing reared up 'growling' at everyone walking bye. My bf nearly stepped on him as he walked back into his office with the water. Yeah, I'd say he and I are invertebrate geeks together :D
-leigh

mistylab

nice what u did for the tang, and very glad you are considering finding him a big yard where he can run and play;) looks good:)

leigh

Hee hee...they're not hams--they're keeping their eyes on the cat--who is a ham for the camera--i think they figure between the two of them they could take her down!
Nicky I'm with you on the frogspawn--normally i only buy small frags (and i have one small frogspawn frag) but when I saw that color in the lfs i caved and bought the whole big 'ol piece. Hope you and your bro enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine!
Hey Rye--in your photoshopedness you ever come across decent used macro lens for a Nikon N6006?

marvida

Nice stuff!
Leigh,
What is you area of expertise in marine architecture? I built baby boats for 10 years, one of our companies was in Cadillac MI.
Ken

leigh

Thanks everyone :)
Ken, what constitutes baby boats? We here like all boats, big and small :). I do nonlinear dynamics--mostly capsize type problems--but I'm very theoretical--so I only deal with hypothetically capsizing hypothetical boats :p What was the company in Cadillac? My bf is the practical one in our relationship--he works for a marine accident investigation firm in Novi, MI and did part of his master's degree project down in Buckeye territory with Baja Marine (if you've heard of them).

marvida

Leigh,
The company in Cadillac is Four Winns, I worked for OMC for 10 years prior to their demise & then for Genmar for a few months. The company I was with was Seaswirl. We built 19-29 foot offshore fishing boats. The most fun at that job was testing the boats offshore on bumpy seas, and it can get pretty bumpy off Oregon. Now I'm Risk Management with the government. I am familiar with Baja. There was a boat lost here a short time ago (off Oregon) that could have used some of your nonlinear dynamics insight.
Ken