Im so clumsy, please help!

sac10918

Okay
I just accidentally sucked up my anemone a bit. I was trying to use some 1" hose to siphon, and was looking down to make sure the water wasnt going all over the floor, and I seem to have sucked up the anemone a bit. It quickly retracted into the cave. I cannot tell if I hurt it and ripped open its flesh. I am worried about it spilling toxins into my tank.
What should I do? I only have about 3 gallons of water ready for a change. I am running carbon.
I cant tell for sure if I injured it, but may certainly have. The tank smells a bit more "ocean-y" than usual.
Its a 24 gallon tank, only residents are 1 clown, 5 sexi shrimp, snails, hermits, and corals.

Personally I would quarantine the anemone and do what water change you can. Anemones like you said when injured severely or die will disintigrate quickly and cause a MAJOR amonia spike.

B

bonita69

I did the very same thing as you to my flower/rock anemone. It sucked right up too. I was lucky and it just scared us both. He was fine with no injury.
I hope you have a happy ending as I did.

sac10918

Hmm, not sure what to do here.... AFter the accident, the anemone retracted a bit but still looked pretty good for about 5 hours. Right as the lights were going down, he shriveled up really small and is still like that. He has shriveled like this before, so I am not too worried yet....