Im tired of these cheap MH bulbs!

A while back I got an amazing deal on a 15k 150w MH bulb for $15. I got it and it worked fine and it seemed like it was 6k. But i delt with it and then i got an algae growth. so i got a 20k 150w MH bulb for $20 and guess what? it started dimming after a month i got it. soo dim i could see the electric arc inside the bulb. I dont know why thses bulbs are soo cheap but there crappy
! So now im ordering a Pheonix 150w 14k bulb for a good price of $60. A real reef bulb
! Does anyone know why these cheap bulbs are so cheap? They stated they where new.

bmkj02

I am assuming you got it on the Bay? Who was the seller LSE?? I would contact them just for kicks and see what they say.

bmkj02

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3225798
That's surprising to hear. We are trying out 14k PlusRites and they're working out fine.
Same here. Those are the same ones I am running and they are still bright after 9 months and good color. Another big forum talks really big about them that they are good
. If you can afford it then go with a better brand. I would.

That is wierd. The first low price bulb i boght came in a yellow package envelope in a plastic cover. no box. BUt it seems to be still bright after 3 months. I guess I just got a bad builb but its too late now because I already orderd one from Pheonix.